Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reasons to be cheerful in 2008

33 posts in this topic

Ok, so i'm feeling totally crap physically and mentally and it seems most everyone on here is in the same boat.

What with the credit crunch, banking collapses, Wiesn flu et al, it all looks kind of gloomy.

So I thought I might revive this thread from days of yore and see if anyone has any good news to cheer us all up and give a reason to see the light at the end of the tunnel as something other than an oncoming train.

Reasons to be cheerful 1,2,3

I'll have first go, my son is doing really well in Uni with a 4.0 average and someday he will be able to buy me a Ferrari. :)

Come on people, give us some cheer in these dark days.

post-5186-1223545119.jpg

There are piles of fallen dry leaves all over the place just begging to be jumped on.

My 4 year old did much better than anyone expected at his appt this morning with the "child experts", so maybe there is some hope for him in this country.

However, I was told I should improve my German. :rolleyes:

There will be more to be cheerful about when Obama wins next month... *grin*

The Herbstferien are coming up in Lower Saxony and I get to sleep in instead of getting up at 6:15 every morning!

Other than that, doom and gloom here too.

We're all a whole year younger than we will be this time next year. :D

Umm ... dunno if that helps :unsure:

Bluedave, surely you can take some joy from looking forward to January when your new arab overlords are apparently going to behave like a small child playing on a hacked copy of 'Championship Manager' and buy all the top football talent from around the globe?

Anyway, sometimes the best way to cheer up is to look at somebody else's misfortune, so I just stabbed my left testicle with a biro for you all. It really hurts, and was not a wise thing to do.

I'm off to Neustadt an der Weinnstrasse for their wine festival tomorrow. Can't wait - though I daresay that will mean I will inevitably be gloomy on Monday!

Anyway, sometimes the best way to cheer up is to look at somebody else's misfortune, so I just stabbed my left testicle with a biro for you all. It really hurts, and was not a wise thing to do.

Brilliant! :lol:

This feel-good feeling you get until you reach the testicle messages reminds me of the final scene in Carrie.. A tad scary soooooo be warned.

This feel-good feeling you get until you reach the testicle messages reminds me of the final scene in Carrie.. A tad scary soooooo be warned.

Blimey. Carrie had testicles? That explains her personal issues then...

Nice research trip with friends and tour-guide colleagues to Potsdam tomorrow - great Autumn/Fall colours/colors in Park Sanssouci, noble palaces, good company - really looking forward to it.