Barbers and men's hairdressers in Munich

160 posts in this topic

Granny, how do you tip the shampoo/highlight girl? She's never around when I go to pay, it's usually the woman who cuts my hair who takes my money.

The shampoo girl is usually holding my coat ( this happens as you get older) and the highlight wifey is trying to keep my wee "Westie" from peeing up against an umbrella stand in the form of a pit bull terrier.

Then again, maybe they deserve their tips!

I only had my hair done on Tuesday, but I'm going home now to have it cut properly. The sylist trained in London, so he says. Then he laughs when I tell him he should have stayed longer and finished the course. He thinks it's my sense of humour.

Hi guys,

Cheers for all your replies and I'll definitely check out one of the places this week. Oh to be back in London at my local Greeko joint - a 10 minute cut and a chat about footy for about 8 quid. Bargain. All this shampooing, conditioning, coffee guff is a waste of time. Anyways, thanks again for your tips and if you see a dude walking round with a kick-ass haircut next week, it'll be me (I hope!).

Laters,

andy boy

Theres a turkish barbers just off Müllerstr near Sendlingor Tor. Will look up streetname and post again

€8, not too bad. Normally at least 4 barbers working.

pootle

Are there any decent barbers in Munich? There's a place in Schwabing called 'The English Cutting Shop' or something, but I have no idea if it is remotely English.

And is it usual for men to make an appointment? There never seem to be any places to wait in the ones I walk past, but in my part of Schwabing they're all Salon type places...all I want is a short back and sides.

Topic merged by admin.

Yeah, bollox to paying a shedload for a bloody haircut. There's two decent places in Schwabing - one on Turkenstrasse that doubles up as an antiques shop believe it or not, it has a Wella sign outside, and one on Georgenstrasse just before you reach Arcis Strasse on the left hand side. Both are about 15 eurines a cut. Then there's the new place on Barer Strasse where bloke's cuts are 8 eurines. I shall be going there next.

If you're desperate for an english speaking barber/hairdresser, try "Salon Karin" on Sendlingerstrasse. I got a really good cut there by a canadian guy, but it was well expensive and I never went back. That was a couple of years ago so I don't know if he's still there.

Since then I just went to either the turkish place in Hauptbahnhof or a german place near my flat.

If you can't find one that meets your needs, just go for one of the standard fallbacks: either wait till you go back home and get it done there, or buy some 20-Euro clippers from Penny Markt and give yourself a "Lionel Blair cut" in the comfort of your own bathroom.

Thank you for your advice. It seems as if disaster has been avoided - I will definitely NOT be going to the English Cutting Shop. There's a few places along Turkenstraße that I might try. I don't have an appointment, but if they look quiet I'll just see if they can take care of business for me.

Or I might buy some clippers and just shave it all off. :o

Apparently the owner of the English Haircutters is well known in the hairdressing community for flouncing and general drama...

Get someone to help you with the clippers though!

;) Katrina

Any recommendations near Bogenhausen/Lehgel area? Thanks in adavance

there is a place in the basement of the OEZ, part of a chain, no idea what its called...

anyway, hr. peter is the fellah you want to get in there, doesn't speak a word of english, and i suspect not a word of any other language either...

he is a no nonsense 'sit in that chair while i cut your hair as i see fit, short back and sides' type of fellah...

20 yoyos, no iffsies buttsies or comebacksies...

but given the apparent difficulty in finding a good barber's, it is now clear to me why the mullet is prevalent here...

I've never been but I wrote this address down once:

"Downtown Frisuer", Mailingerstr. 14 Tel: 15890440

It was an advert in Munich Found a while ago. And they are supposed to be an english hairdressers.

Although, god knows why I'm posting on a thread about hairdressers. Anyone who's ever seen me will know I just stick me 'ed in the blender.

Cheap and does the job

all that talk of haarschnitts yesterday gave me the urge to go visit hr. peter... he is still there, as conversational as ever...

i am now sporting a distinctly fifties looking short back and sides bowl cut type affair...

anybody who knows mark lamaar will know what i mean... ohh, he's a nifty fifties bin man...

but you know what, i actually like it...

still managed not to note the name of the place though...

go to DENIZ FRISEUR STUDIOS on pestalozzistr 5.

cheap as chips...or a turkish pizza.

no funny business..spit&istanbul sawdust.

about 8 euros for a quick short back&sides.

in and out..usually dont have to wait..ideal...

ps. they dont speak any english but their german is equally as good/bad as mine.

if in doubt point or start crying when blood appears or you notice holes in back of head when handed mirror at end of butchery.