The Art Thread

19 posts in this topic

I know we have some artists here... I actually did a search and saw no such thread.

I am just a wanna-be. Now my projects tend revolve around getting my toddler involved. So my latest is what to do with the gobs of moving paper and boxes that we have (besides giving them away on TT). We have been painting the paper, to be used as gift wrap. Now I'm thinking papier-mache'... but I haven't done that in ages. any tips? other ideas? I guess we could make some pretty elaborate mache' piñatas with all the boxes...

So what are you working on?

Creativity belongs to the artist in each of us. To create means to relate. The root meaning of the word art is "to fit together" and we all do this every day. Not all of us are painters but we are all artist. Each time we fit things together we are creating-whether it is to make a loaf of bread, a child, a day. That is why people listen to music or look at paintings. To get in touch with that wholeness.

Corita Kent

I never knew the beauty of everything untill I drew it

I forgot who said that.

Well I am never on one project. In fact I have about 100 1/3 completed project with about five near completion projects. Do not even get me started on camera work. My girlfriend freaked out when she saw I had about thirty undeveloped rolls of film sitting in my bottom refridgerator drawer.

I just like throwing matte medium gel down.

My latest project: Pretending to be not an artist.

I just saw your GGBridge pic. Very nice (GGB is also my "image" on this forum). How was my home town? I hear they are having the usual fantastic October weather. sigh! I miss home.

Perdido, 2 words: go digital.

Sí, se puede!

Of course I can, but why should I? Have you done cyantypes? Pin holes? Polaroid transfers/emulsion lifts? There is a certain sense of majesty picking out Italian paper, laying down emulsion, mixing with a cadium red, exposing prints to the sun adding lemon juice, feeling it fullfill its potential all between your fingers. Thats creation, thats thought, thats love. Not just deleting your "messed up prints" but using and obtaining the idea you had in your head when took that shot. ;)

Mixed media artist never stay to one thing.

I just saw your GGBridge pic. Very nice (GGB is also my "image" on this forum). How was my home town? I hear they are having the usual fantastic October weather. sigh! I miss home.

Thanks. I've felt that quite some places in SF like the GGB and Twin Peaks have a mystical and inspiring quality to them; the GGB's red color is simply amazing. My other favorite places were the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts and the mall in Japantown.

Some more pictures:

post-6977-1223838764.jpg post-6977-1223838818.jpg post-6977-1223838834.jpg post-6977-1223838843.jpg

I am always saddened when I hear of parents' imposing their dreams on their childrens. Living through their children. I participate in the Emergency Funds for Dancers benefit concert in New York City. While working on a solo to the music of Omar, I am also recreating a solo to Chaconne in D Minor, a piece of music danced to by choreographers I really admire like Jose Limon and Bill T. Jones.

Well i am going to tell my son that glass is better but the ability to roll gets you out of many a jam.

I've found James Hillman's essay "Image-Sense" an intriguing thought experiment for bridging the gap between art and psychology.

mlovett: I've been to that museum but it was a month ago and not yet open for the public; the surroundings were quite impressive too.

Here are a few painting I did a while ago... Haven't taken photos of any recent ones. My sister actually has all these (claimed them when I moved here) and sent me pics of them a few days ago!

post-17314-1223902642.jpg

post-17314-1223902649.jpg

post-17314-1223902657.jpg

post-17314-1223902664.jpg

post-17314-1223902673.jpg

Hey am pretty new in Berlin and while not an artist am into drawing and painting and looking to get involved and use my skills somewhere. Anyone know of or involved in any cool projects that could use a hand? Cheers in advance for ideas/ response!

It's not art, but a project I am working on.... this is the before picture. The wood bits are getting a sanding and new stain, the chrome is getting a new shine, the glass is going to sparkle and it's going to get a new lamp shade. And new wiring. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

post-94931-12818661430043.jpg

Hi all, I just wanted to put out my cousins new website, and show off her talent. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.dianewunderlich.com/index.html

Thanks