Are we in the middle of a financial meltdown?

1,054 posts in this topic

Not only has gold very useful application in modern society, This lump of gold, when made into a chain or a ring will get you that blow job anywhere any time.

My longest 18-K harp strings are long and strong enough to serve as a garotte. Hubby better stay in line.

you mustn't have been around women very much. Not only has gold very useful application in modern society, This lump of gold, when made into a chain or a ring will get you that blow job anywhere any time.

This sort of over-rewarding causes inflation. What ever happened to a friendly pat on the head?

on a more serious banking note - can anyone tell me what I should consider doing with a modest sum of money Im going to inherit next week - ie should I not even put it into a savings account and just 'keep it under the mattress' instead?

in a recession 'cash is king' - when a recession strikes then asset prices fall - shares, real estate, just about everything you can buy - and the person with cash to hand can take advantage.

I suggest you deposit at a Triple A-rated bank.

deposit at a Triple A-rated bank.

Triple A rating is what caused this mess in the first place. Moody and Co, you don't hear very much of them lately. They are glad if nobody mentions them. If they would have been honest and done their job those financial instruments of deception would have never seen the light of day.

Premium bonds! Government backed and you might win a few quid.

I never won in all the 50 years I held them. My parents made some winnings but then they had significantly more p-bonds

Are we on the edge of financial meltdown?

We were on the edge some time back & didn't want to recognise it. Now in free fall. GERONIMO!

Dont buy Bonds! You are better off investing in something stable, that does NOT include the US Govmnt! If you decide to do something like that I have a bridge to sell you...

bloody hell!!

There goes the USA down the tubes and the rest of us with it then!

O.M.G.

That's like serious people. Proves to the world that the USA is not even in charge of the USA. Jeebus. I thought it was bad enough that the lunatics were running the asylum, but now it seems that nobody is running the show.

are (uk) cash isas with a fixed rate pretty safe?

Yes, they are pretty safe, but with "Expat" status my bank has informed me that I cannot have one :-(

world markets go utterly berzerk

how could they have been so stupid!!!

If this bail-out is promised it sets up an expectation and if that expectation does not deliver then CRASH!!

I expect the Chinese, Indian and Saudi Arabian holders of US bonds are already trying to sell them on e-bay . ...