Where to play volleyball

22 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to Munich and am looking to participate in either indoor sand or indoor court volleyball. Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I've asked around and haven't been able to find anything.

Also, I'm looking for competitive volleybal...not "family reunion" style... :)

Thanks!

There is an indoor beach volleyball place called Beach 38 where some guys meet up from time to time. Not been able to make it myself for ages. Most were more just playing for fun though . There were some good players though.

Perhaps you should just go down there and see if they can help you if you're looking for a really good level. It's behind Ostbahnhof.

Sadly it seems easier to find beach than real volleyball.

A few of us used to play at Beach 38 during last winter. More often than not we struggled to get people to play, and had to stop. We will probably be trying to revive it again pretty soon. PM me your email address and I will include you in the mails which I send out.

Thanks for replies everyone! I'll check out the links you supplied. And yes, I played volleyball in college, division 1 in the states, which is the highest collegiate level. But no, I'm not 2M high...just 5'10".. :)

Thanks!

Hi,

Although I'm Brazilian, volleyball is my favorite sport :o))) and not football. I used to play for the University team. I'm also interested in any type of volleyball, I mean indoor or beach.

The problem is that I can only play in the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays because I travel during the week days.

Please let me know if you are planning something.

Cheers,

Fábio

Hi, I'm also new here. I used to play profesionally in Slovakia few years ago. I'd like to join anywhere if possible. Volleyball 'just for fun' is ok for me.

Mike

I am also very into Beach Volley, I used to play it back home in Australia.

Definitely keen for professional teams and training sessions.

I'll check out the links provided - cheers!

Michal and Missmay, a bunch of us play on the weekends at Beach 38, Ostbahnof. Most of us are pretty competitive. If you are interested we can plan up for the next weekend. (20 - 21 ). PM me your mail ids and I will keep you posted.

I'm visiting munich until monday 06.04.09 morning and looking to play some beach volleyball this weekend at beach38. I play in california 2 vs 2 at a competitive level. email me at mkimutan@gmail.com if you need a player.

Are there any upcoming volleyball meet-ups planned for Beach 38. Volleyball search was inconclusive. Email me at stephanierose804@hotmail.com if need a decent female (volleyball) player. Jogging the Isar is getting boring:(

Hi there!

I'd be also interested to play, particularly outside and during the weekend. Have you managed to meet to date? May I join you?

I have also a suggestion for the location: in Taufkirchen (just south of Munich, S5) there is a big and beautiful park with lots of place for outdoor activities. The location can be easily reached by car for those like me who live in the southern part of the city or via S5 and a 5-10 minute walk. There are 4 nice beach volley courts and they are absolutely free. The only problem is that they are often busy, but this also means that it is easy to find an opponent team in case there are not enough players to make 2 teams.

Ciao,

Marco

Hi,

anyone care for a volleyball game this coming long weekend? I have no idea where is possible.

if interested, please pm me.

Hi there,

do you guys have kind of a mailing list regarding volleyball indoors/outdoors in Munich? I am moving in July to Munich and want to continue my "career" also in South Germany. I´ve been playing in Düsseldorf and Cologne in Mixed-teams, which is a very good alternative to men/women teams, I think. I am male, and not quite that professional like some other people here seem to be, but I like the game ; ). I am anyway planning to contact some mixed teams I found in the local league in Munich.

I played Beach Tennis at the beach arena for the first time last week and will be playing again on 20th. The beach arena has a special offer of 10Euros per hour for a beach volleyball court at any time during the weekend which I'm guessing is pretty good value.

I'm interesting in playing beachvolley, but I guess i'm not that good as you all. I can't play 2 Vs. 2 but I can 3 vs. 3.

I used to play in a team in Italy when I was young :( and I would like to play regularly again.

I just posted in the Forum(sport).

I'm looking for people in my age 40s (but it seemes like they are all at home watching sport only on TV)interested in

playing beachvolley in Aschheim next friday ,02.10.09 18-20h, 3 vs. 3, no beginners, but also not at Liga-level.

So, anyone who is not going to the Okt-Fest, but wants to join me, please write me a private massage with mobile number till tuesday evening.

ciao.