Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to watch the AFL Grand Final on TV

19 posts in this topic

You're in Baden-Württemberg, according to your profile. But no further clues.

Do you care where in Germany they're going to show the GF? Because Belushi's bar in Berlin are also showing it. Does that help? Or maybe you can be a little more specific as to where you'd like to see it.

If you're talking Munich, the Outland won't be showing it this year apparently...only showed it last year coz I was working there at the time and wanted to watch it myself, and I don't think any of the boys there now are keen on opening it up early for the game. Or, to follow Hazza's example, I believe if you rock up with a ticket to the MCG on Saturday, you can also watch the game live.

Just spoke to the Irish guy at The Arc. He said rock up by 5am as it's gonna be rammed. Helpfully they're staying open all night on Friday and breakfast will be served...so we'll be strengthened to continue the festivities at HB on the Wiesn :D

I meant Munich, I posted on this board didnt I?! Well, I spoke with Outland bar, they are only showing a replay in the arvo. At the Ned Kelly bar, they are showing it and according to this thread at the ARC as well. I hope I can get from my hosts place in Augsburg in time! or maybe I should do an all nighter in Munich Friday night?! Just look for a long haired handsome man in leather.

Now that the 2011 final is a month away, and the two bars mentioned above are both closed, does anyone know of a bar planning to show the game? It is a week later than tradition, on Sat 1 October.

Hoping the Cats are there again, but will probably go regardless.

I'm pretty sure Ned Kelly's will show it. The also showed it last year.

But it'll be rammed, so get there very early...

Last year I signed up to espn.co.uk with a daily pass for for about 10 euro. Then we could stream the AFL grand final, and didn't have to start heading to the PUB at 6am.

Quality was good, and didn't require a VPN (but this could have changed)

Coverage starts at 3:30am this year.

actually might have been Eurosport, now I forget...

I'll look in a week or so when the TV guide is updated.

Seems like on ESPN you can't stream it.

Otherwise www.liveafl.tv lets you stream the whole month of finals for 15 dollars.

thanks for the online info all.

honestly i would prefer to watch it with other footy fans, and beer, rather than alone in my dark loungeroom with my (english, uninterested) husband asleep in the next room.

hazza, you are right that Ned Kelly's are showing it- they are listed on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/overseas%20gf%20party%20finder/tabid/14881/default.aspx

When you say show up early, do you mean before they open at 5am?

5am is fine, but if you get there 10 minutes before the game starts you can't expect to get a seat or even a good view of the screens...

Personally, I can't deal with all the drunken yobs who are taking a couple of hours out of Hofbräu tent action to watch the game - at least not at that time of the morning.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'll be watching the game alone in my dark loungeroom with my German uninterested girlfriend in the next room...

Hey Everyone,

Just been looking around and found this site run by an aussie food company in London that has listed all the ways you can watch the 2011 AFL Grand Final in Munich and around Europe. It's the best guide I've found so far , goes through options for TV, Online, pubs and various other bits.... also bought some tim tams and shapes as well = 1 happy camper :)

Here's the link EAI Shop Events - AFL Grand Final 2011

Hope this helps...

We'll be showing the 2016 AFL Grand Final, and the NRL Grand Final live at The Keg.

No cover charge, doors open at 6am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday.

AFL POSTER.jpg