Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sausage rolls special at Aldi

58 posts in this topic

Aldi are selling mini sausage rolls because of the Oktoberfest and they are delicious!

they're called "Fleischpflanzerl im Teigmantel or mini Brötchen mit pikanter Hackfleischzubereitung" from the company "Wiesn Schmankerl"

anybody know if I can freeze them? on the packing it just says store in a dry place(best before 2-11-08)but a few packs of these over the new year would be great! . Don R ??

mini Brötchen mit pikanter Hackfleischzubereitung

gotta hand it to the krauts, they sure know how to think up a catchy sounding product name

gotta hand it to the krauts, they sure know how to think up a catchy sounding product name

Hey this is the country which can make a cheeky and sexy word such as nipple sound like sex with a disabled ukranian shot putter.

No idea if you can freeze them but they are pretty nice. I was shocked when I saw them having lived here for 7 years and never seeing them before.

In amerikanisch: small hamburger with relish

Where did you find a relish reference? It's a roll with spiced ground meat, no mention of condiments.

Sounds like they would freeze just fine. You could thaw at room temparature or heat them up in the oven a bit.

@ timezoner - I popped into my local Aldi today but couldn't see them. Were they with the chilled foods or somewhere else? What colour is the packaging?

Thanks.

Can you tell I'm craving a sausage roll?

I didn't find any in Munich either! Frankfurt appears to be Aldi Nord, so that seems to be the problem. What a bummer, I was sooooo looking forward to some sausage rolls tonight...

I bought more yesterday. They were in the middle of our store, though the layout is different in every shop I guess.

hmm, yammi - cheap ALDI sausages!

From German cheap-meat-mass-production where animals are treated like they had no souls and would feel no pain... :(

You think it's bad here? You should see the meat-production standards in the UK and, in particular, the USA. This stuff is gourmet by comparison.

They aren't chilled at all. Surprised me as well. Just down by were the veg and other 'specials' were on.