Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The worst neighborhood/district of Munich

72 posts in this topic

what about gisela strasse? there used to be a good junkie scene there, many was the day that I stumbled across some mongfaced smackheads around there

they got rid of the junkies at Giselastraße by putting some kind of blue lights in the toilets at McDonalds, where they used to go to shoot up. Apparently they can't see their veins because of the lighting. McDonalds now have special locks on the toilet doors, where you have to type in a pin number that is on the receipt, to open the door. The junkies seem to hang around Sendlinger Tor and Weissenburger Platz now. Saw a gorgeous looking broad getting up from the park bench at Weissenburger Platz the other day and falling right into the bushes behind it - luuuuvly!!!

Orleansplatz @ Ostbahnhof has been "cleaned up" now,

It was sort of "cleaned up" a while back (earlier this year, I think?), but you still see a few tramps and junkies around there - they seem to be creeping back.

The junkies seem to hang around Sendlinger Tor and Weissenburger Platz now.

And Weissenburger Platz is just a few minutes' walk from Orleansplatz/Ostbahnhof. So the "scene" is still around. But I've never had any hassle with them, even though I'm often hanging around Ostbahnhof waiting for the bus late at night.

It was sort of "cleaned up" a while back (earlier this year, I think?), but you still see a few tramps and junkies around there - they seem to be creeping back.

And Weissenburger Platz is just a few minutes' walk from Orleansplatz/Ostbahnhof. So the "scene" is still around. But I've never had any hassle with them, even though I'm often hanging around Ostbahnhof waiting for the bus late at night.

true, they are back around the Ostbahnhof and Orleanspl, not as large numbers from before, but still present. I just get spooked when they stare at you and oggle you while you are waiting for the bus, the best when they try to chat you up. I will not use this area now again at night. I will grab a taxi and pay the money.

On 9/16/2008, 11:21:34, Vitor S. Goulart said:

Up till now, we have:

Rabbit Hill

Neuperlach

Obermenzing, Untermenzing, Hasenbergl, Denning(-East) and Englschakling (distant places)

Is there any update to this? Or the list is still the same and more? 🧐

On 11.3.2019, 11:01:45, thegreatdivide said:

Is there any update to this? Or the list is still the same and more? 🧐

Just take a look at quality of schools. Better schools usually means wealthier parents without immigration background. Also the colors here should mean the more yellow the worse. But just for living, there are no really bad neighborhoods in Munich. I would perhaps try to omit places with 1 point (if I had a choice, because it's hard to have a choice of good prices apartments in Munich) and other than at those numbers I would look at proximity to metro stations and commuting time to the center.

5aba162683c55_Bildschirmfoto2018-03-27um

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/354317-grundschule-in-am-hart/

And Weissenburger Platz is just a few minutes' walk from Orleansplatz/Ostbahnhof.

Weissenburgerplatz got a new enormous planter and while there are occasionally a few drinkers hanging out the area is getting ever more expensive. Just a block away, Bordeaux platz is one of the nicest areas around (granted, I live right around the corner and am somewhat biased).

The only problem with Orleansplatz is the city of Munich. Lazy fuckers don't bother uncovering the rather nice fountain there on Orleansstr. as they believe any day the Sbahn tunnel construction is going to start. Problem is they never uncovered it after the Ubahn construction finished two years ago. The sound of the water might drown out the screechy voice lady (who thankfully keeps regular hours) and the nice man who calls everyone captain and asks for kleingeld. We consider them Ramersdorf refugees.

Overall, the neighborhoods in Munich are pretty tame and clean when compared to US cities. People and realtors prefer Ubahn to Sbahn, but that you have a choice is great.

And across the Ostbahnhof is the new Werksviertel with the giant Ferris wheel! Yeay!

Good places to live in are Schwabing / Bogenhausen that are pretty much on the north. With that exception - the south you go, better is the quality of life and the places to live in. If you can afford a little more Starnberg, Gruenwald are good.

I have a friend living in Gauting and I am impressed. I would suggest this as the best possible location for those working in Munich since it is so close to Munich, pretty much on the border of Munich town limits but at the same time its an entirely different world. If you have kids they simply have everything with best schools, tons of free time activities and above all the safety and quality environment for them. Downside is that you have to shell out more for daily living, but you can get everything in their town. Theater there plays English movies daily too. And you can be in munich downtown in 20 minutes. Starnberg is equally good but takes slightly longer to commute. 

I would suggest Solln and Obersendling too, because they are close to Isar which is great on the southern side. As for other side - Grunwald, it's rather villas area, expensive and few people and few shops around. Also not as well connected, so one need a car. Personally if I could choose any place in Munich to live I would choose near Thalkirchen metro station. It's close to Flaucher and very close to the city center. But the topic was about the best not worst neighborhoods.