Lovefilm.de - online movie rental service

85 posts in this topic

Hi,

Have given the two away but just received two more that should be used before the end of the year. PM me if interested.

Hi,

I also have two Lovefilm.de 60-day gift cards that have to be used by the end of the year. PM me if interested.

We use Lovefilm and, well, love it...no problems and excellent customer service. Out of about 50 DVDs, normal and blueray, only one did not have English as a language option...only German. One DVD was scratched and didn't view well, so we called and they sent us a new one, plus an extra for the trouble. Couldn't be happier!

Hi!

Just some info for anyone who was thinking about subscribing to Lovefilm. Groupon has a voucher for sale at the moment for 18.99 for 6 months unlimited, or 9.99 for the 3 months. I think it is running for a couple more days.

Folks

If anybody has one of these 60 day free trial coupons to give away we would be interested.

regards

P

I am pretty sure that they are offering a 30 day trial to anyone, so the 60 day trial will only save one month's premium.

We are more interested in what happens should a film be lost in the post (forever), as this is not specified anywhere on their website.

Hi, just got a couple of vouchers if anyone is interested. Also, did have one lost in the post (never arrived) and reported it and was no issue. They sent another along.

i just saw advertising from lovefilm in cologne, with it saying, as far as i understand german, that they have 1 month free, and 4,95 a month and the possibility to cancel anytime. The big question, is it possible to watch the movies in english?

If you mean streaming, nope

As for the dvds they send you, yes most of them can be viewed in english

i just saw advertising from lovefilm in cologne, with it saying, as far as i understand german, that they have 1 month free, and 4,95 a month and the possibility to cancel anytime. The big question, is it possible to watch the movies in english?

I've just taken advantage of the Groupon offer (not the advert you saw, but also an offer) and gotten myself a 6-month membership. The streaming films are generally only in German (at least I've not seen any yet that are in English), but most DVDs offer at least German and English language tracks. To make sure, before you order the DVD, i.e. put it on your wish list, check the specs - if you click on the film, then you can scroll down to find the specs.

Edit: Oops, there was a next page here, sorry I didn't see that and answered the question again.

There are a few movies in English using the streaming option, but you have to search for the "OV" or "OmU" versions. Last I checked, you can watch quite a few tv series (torchwood, top gear, etc.) and a handful of movies (Chloe, something with Russell Crowe, Bowling for Columbine, etc.).

If anyone's interested - Amazon has a special offer for Lovefilm's Flatrate 1 package for 6 months at 18.99 euros (only applicable to new customers, regular price 11.99 euros a month).

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00562IML6/

So... is this like Netflix in that you can have one item rented out at a time via mail but you need to return it before getting another? And then it's 18,99 for 6 months of that?

Just want to be sure before I sign up.... sounds like a good offer...

Yep seems like it, there's also a Flatrate 2 (two disks at once), but that's not part of the offer. I ordered it as well, 19 euros is about the cost of a Blu-Ray 3D disk in the shop, so can't go wrong.

Additionally, some recent TVs and Blu-Ray (maybe even DVD) players have the capacity to access Internet content - my TV does support Lovefilm as well, so I could also take a shot at the Video on Demand thing.

The main reason for which I considered it was to have some movies in English with German subtitles - not hard to guess what those would be useful for.

The subscription price jumped to 59.90 today, which is pretty much the regular offer (one month free + 5 months * 11.90 or thereabouts).

Seems that receiving all that spam is sometimes worth it.

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi all.

Question to everybody who already owns Lovefilm.de account. I'm mostly interested in VideoOnDemand service. Are those movies coming with subtitles?

I'm not even talking about English subtitles, I want them in German because of learning purposes.

I couldn't find this information

So one more time: Are the VidoOnDemand movies on Lovefilm.de coming with possibility of turning on German subtitles?

Thanks in advance

Hi, adding a post to this thread as it is the top result returned when searching by the keyword "lovefilm".

I have a gutschein code for lovefilm.de for 60 days, redeemable at www.lovefilm.de/xmas12.

Gutschein-Code f87yhhwwd

Full disclosure: I get 10 € Amazon.de-Gutschein every time the voucher is redeemed.

any video-on-demand flms I have watched through lovefilm.de were in German-language only, i.e. sound in German (either a German-language film or a dubbed version of another film)..no subtitles.

But any which you rent out from them seem to be in original language with a German subtitle option.