Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy used furniture in Bremen

2 posts in this topic

I'm looking for good-quality secondhand furniture in the Bremen area, especially chests of drawers, shelving units and wardrobes/closets. I'd be grateful for any directions. Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

No guarantee about "good quality", but off the top of my head I can only think of Happy Shopping in the Neustadt (Kornstrasse, opposite the cemetery). A bit further down the road is another smaller shop and I get the impression they're both owned by the same people. Can't think of the name at the moment, but when you leave Happy Shopping, turn right and walk about 150m (past one of the best Greek restaurants in Bremen :P ) and you can't miss it.

There used to be half a dozen smaller places, but they all seem to have closed down over the years. With places like IKEA and POCO selling things at the prices they do (people will buy crap if it's cheap) I guess they had no market. You could also try the AbisZ newspaper or online in the ads at the furniture page on www.bremen.de. Go to "Schwarzes Brett", then "Haushalt & Einrichtungen". I tried putting in a direct link, but the site wouldn't let me :(

Stevie