Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hijacking someone else's blind date on Marienplatz

30 posts in this topic

I was in a similar predicament last week: I had to meet up with someone to receive some mis-delivered vouchers. Now this guy had seen pictures of me, so it was fine for him. But due to Deutsche Telekom's ineptness I had not been able to pick up the e-mail with his number.

At first, I stood back and looked for anyone who might be Irish and waiting for someone he'd never seen before. After a while, I decided to take the first step so I asked every guy looking around expectantly if he were my Irish customer. One blank stare after the other, except for one guy who said, "Do you know what this guy looks like?" - "No", I answered. "So I'm asking every handsome man if he's the guy." He was tickled absolutely pink and I was compelled to add that I am not one of the professional pick-up artists who hang around the Fischbrunnen but if he needs a line he's free to use mine.

Gathering the various reactions was fun, about 70% just said no and turned away, I spoke more than one sentence to 30%, and only managed to draw two out of ten into a proper conversation.

The Irish guy, by the way, came straight up to me. Thank you, Toytown, for allowing me to publish my face.

supertight clothes do not, generally, hide flab

I was thinking more along the lines of whalebone corset; but I'm old fashioned like that.

@Jules Ha! Nope, she had the sweetest smelling hair, I remember. The girl was into products. She came from money, as her dad was an entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles. I remember going to her house for the first time and thinking that I needed bread crumbs to find my way back to the front door. No. This girl had everything, including a nice personality. And yet I had more dates than she had in the time that I knew her. She was almost too perfect, I guess, which was a shame because she was such a generous girl and very sweet. I am missing her, thinking of her. Last I heard, she had finally got a great boyfriend, post-college, whom she met via personal ad.

I think you're on the right track if someone even asks if you're their blind date, since that would generally mean they think you're cute, right?

On the other hand, this could backfire if the person whose identity you take on was a drug dealer or Mafia person who screwed someone over and they sent this girl to lure you into some dark warehouse so they can torture and kill you and send your various body parts to the wife of the lucky guy who got away because you stole his blind date.

Just tell her Touch me, I'm Dick.

That might work as long as you don't start explaining yourself like Cliff Poncier

"Well, I think "Touch Me, I'm Dick," in essence, speaks for itself, you know. I think that, you know, that's basically what the song is, um... about... is about, you know... I-I think a lot of people might think it's actually about, you know,"My name is Dick, and, you know, you can touch me," but, I think, you know, it can be seen either way."

Excellent film by the way, one of my all time favourites.

You get just as many funny reactions anywhere when you wish everyone who goes by and looks at you 'a good morning' or whatever. I tried it and it is fun,you don't have to be on the Fischbrunnen. The only thing is many people think you are a little queer for being so friendly,particular in Germany.

Has anyone here ever done this? Been approached by a stranger and then pretended to be that person's blind date?

I think you've met three of them yesterday.