RPG players - role-playing gamers

35 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I'm looking for role-playing gamers in Munich. I really don't want to do it in German, though, which is why I'm asking here. Does anyone know of any groups, or is anyone interested in building one?

I've played DnD and the White Wolf games, and am open to others.

Thanks

Voltron Rex

Hi, I've mainly played In Nomine but also Insomnia. I'm afraid I only know of German groups though.

I used to play Middle Earth Role Playing (MERP) but would possibly be interested in something else if there was a good group.

Hi folks

It'd be nice to meet up and get to know potential players and what we are all interested in playing and so on.

I suggest this Sunday, 19.12, at 16:00 at the Twisted Bavarian in the non-smoking section. Let me know if the time is all right.

Voltron Rex

My brother and I are avid roleplayers, and we have tons of materials concerning Dungeons and Dragons or other Roleplaying types.

Has anyone ever played?

We're interested in getting a group together to play, and we used to have a great group in the states.

Anyone want to learn how to play?

Brendan

Topics merged by admin

Raging geek that I am, I have indeed played D&D (which is how nerds say it when they're pressed for time) but it's not been since college. Never a serious player, the act of playing a little over 10 years ago was more an excuse to get the fellas together during the afternoon to drink Rolling Rock (we didn't have a lot of money in those days) in the basement of our house. Play would usually end after several hours and more than a few beers so that the DM (me) could take a nap. Never let it be said that I don't know how to have a good time.

Meanwhile everyone should check out this link. The book of ratings hasn't been updated in ages, but if you've never read it you should. This one is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

NapalmChippie, I know of a group who are playing D&D already. Sometimes in my apartment even. There was a thread on it... Yes, here it is. But you can drop me a PM if you like too.

I DM for a small group (4 people including myself) that plays in English. We're in the Eberron campaign setting and have only had two games so far--I think it would be nice to have a couple more people. We haven't been playing very often though; our schedules seem to not fit so well. Also, I've been considering asking if someone else would like to DM a few games, as I'm just a beginner and am currently having difficulty finding the time to dedicate to both my story and to learning rules. And I'm not entirely confident about running the game if we had two more people. Are either of you interested in DMing?

My brother is an accomplished DM, he's got a memory like a sponge, and pretty much knows all the rules. We play with Normal D&D with 3.5 Edition Rules, as well as other D20 game systems such as D20 Modern. He'd probably be thrilled to be DM'ing again, depending on the time frame as the people we used to play with have moved away.

We have many of the core rulebooks and expansion rulebooks, such as The Manual of the Planes or The Psionics Handbook. We also have a ton of Dungeon MAgazines, which are chock full of adventures.

I'm not familiar with Eberron, but we've played in different settings before.

Usually, when we game, it's a very loose atmosphere, and occasionally we break for a bit of downtime and a game of Munchkin

Who else is involved in your group? We used to play in a Game store in California, and we had varying numbers of people come each time, but we found that the best number of people was around 5-7.

Hi,

I'm looking for a group to play RPGs (prefer d20 rules as I know them, but up for anything), the local shop (in Munich) reckons that RPGs are out of fashion thanks to World of warcraft. :(

I'm a mature player (not OAP ;-) ) and willing to DM.

Any RPGers left out there? PM me if you are.

Ed.

I'm looking for a pen&paper-roleplaying group as well. I've experience with AD&D and I played DSA once. I'm prepared to try anything, though. Do you know of any groups in Munich?

Arrived here in Munich a few weeks ago and now that I'm settled in to my new house for the year I'm also after an RPG group to satiate my needs for vast amounts of geekery.

I've only been playing extensively over the past 2 years, mostly with D&D 3.5, but I've also dabbled with AD&D 2nd ed, Paranoia, Fuzion, Thrash, Shadowrun 2nd ed and the Coda systems. Even DMed a few games of D&D 3.5, but I still need to work on my skills somewhat.

last time i played P&P version was years ago, but i played neverwinter nights so i am kind of uptodate. I may be interested if a solid DM can be found

I had nerdy memory when I saw my 20 face dice back home last week. So I decided to bring them along.

I have been in Munich for 2 years now and I feel like playing some paper based RPG.

I played in my youth warhammer, DD (early rules and 3.5), call of cthulhu, and shadowrun. All this in French but I am sure I can play in English.

Anyway, I really would like to play :) So if someone have a group which is looking for new player I would be glad to join.

Somebody.

But board games, like Siedler von Catan, Alhambra, Axis & Allies, Diplomacy etc more my bag.

Hi,

count me in as well.

Actually, I don't care too much about the system,

so D&D would be fine by me, but all White Wolf stuff, Shadowrun Warhammer or whatever is cool as well.

I could also DM if wanted (but of course would prefer to play :)

Cheers,

Dan