Unsolicited PMs from newbies seeking friends

139 posts in this topic

This is not fuck all Bavaria. This is fuck all TT and if you have enough interest and time to send out fuck all unsolicited pms then read the fuck all website and get an idea what the fuck all is going on ...

Very well put, very eloquent.

Notice that some people here actually care about the level of English that is used on the site.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would be a shame for anyone to bring the tone/level of English down in this site.

I call virus or new scam. A kinder, gentler approach.

And dolfan deserves to get over him/herself.

If there is a concern (virus/scam, etc) then it is definitely worth posting to the main board. However, that was not the intent off the OP.

Over myself?? What the hell does that have to do with me being stuck on myself? You should start using english phrases in appropriate circumstances when posting on this English board.

Why exactly shouldn't we make fun of him?

He put himself out there to be ridiculed...

EDIT: and not only that, nobody has even revealed the name of this person. So we're making fun of something written by an anonymous person that's been posted to a big discussion board. Fribble's right - Dolfan should get over it

Look at the title genius.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would be a shame for anyone to bring the tone/level of English down in this site.

Fuck yeah, that would be awful.

I am no expert, but if that guy is from Kazakhstan then he should have at least offered to bring his "own bag" for "making friendship"--anything else would be considered rude there, I believe.

Look at the title genius.

So the name of the person is "me" and they possibly have some kind of connection to Erlangen

Well that's narrowed it down for me...I know exactly who you're talking about then.

My point exactly. Thank you for your support.

Give him directions to the morgue.

I think I just did a little wee :ph34r:

If there is a concern (virus/scam, etc) then it is definitely worth posting to the main board. However, that was not the intent off the OP.

fixed that for you. :ph34r:

Now back to the PMer's question, I believe the morgue is a good place to start, but I think access may be an issue!? Perhaps try the local graveyard instead.

Want to know more about Germany and searching some body for friendship

Aw, give the guy a break. At least he's keen to use the search function.

Can U please tell me

That one deserves to be publicly shamed though. Everyone knows it's "Can u" and not "Can U". Clearly written by a German.

Over myself?? What the hell does that have to do with me being stuck on myself? You should start using english phrases in appropriate circumstances when posting on this English board.

dolan, dearest. "English" comes with a capital E. Don't be stingy with your capital letters, especially when there are poor immigrants about with weak language skills, just trying to make internet friends with people they have nothing in common with. As the Officer for the Equitable Use of Grammar, you really ought to know better.

Capitalize your sentences, Fribble, or go find some other expat website you can ruin with your non-capitalized sentences. FFS, it's an English speaking website.

Smells like a scam. I haven't seen any PMs but a lot of email ends up in my spam bucket looking like this. Note that the PMs I have received from non-native speaking n00bies have been distinguished by normally better grammar and spelling than most of the posters here (myself especially).

Capitalize your sentences, Fribble, or go find some other expat website you can ruin with your non-capitalized sentences. FFS, it's an English speaking website.

I do beg your pardon, but as dolan has chosen a non-capitalized letter to begin his screenname, I have no choice but to abide, even though it gives me great physical pain to do so. I think I pinched my punctilious nerve on this thread.

Forget it, the site has been tainted forever. I can ask a mod to remove your offensive post, but the memory will linger.