Netball teams in Hamburg

66 posts in this topic

Hi - I'm new to town also but dead keen to play. Is there anything up and running? I'm from nz... Happy to try help set something up also if anyone else is keen. My German is terrible but I've got time on my hands :)

WOW I would be so keen for this!! I just requested to join the facebook group. I have been back home for 2 months for a long holiday but count me in for the next one!!! I havent played in AGES but oh well!

Hey ladies, this group is very much active. We meet every wednesday evening from 19.00-20.00.

It is at the International School in Hamburg - the S bahn trains go to Klein Flottbeck.

It costs 5€ per person and we usually have half an hour training and then half hour game.

It is fun and friendly, very relaxed and everyone really enjoys it.

It would be great to see you :-)

The Facebook page is updated weekly, please feel free to add yourself.

:-)

Wednesday is the LAST NETBALL SESSION until August :-(

Please join us and have some fun...

19.00h

International School Hamburg

5€

Looking forward to seeing you there :-)

Hi girls,

I havea always wanted to play net ball but never got the opportunity, therefore, I am probably the worse candidate to apply to join. However, I am a quick learner and even willing to be the waterlady (wink wink) at first... LOL!!!

Also, there is that thing called age ... I am older than you all but really dont fell and act my age.

Ok, if I have convinced you to let me join ... please give me a shout back!! :-)

Oh, I was born in the Caribbean but sort of grew up in London and recently moved to Hamburg.

It's sometimes lonely here and friends dont come by easily.

Hope to hear from somebody ... LOL!!!

Sammy66

Hi Sammy66, the netball group is on a break for summer but we hope to start again when the schools go back. We always welcome new players and no skills are necessary. There is a mix of ages and skills so don't be afraid. If you are on facebook join the group (netball in hamburg). Otherwise keep an eye on this thread and just come along when we start again.

Hi ladies, i have great news...

Netball training is starting again THIS Wednesday (14th August)

Venue: International School Hamburg

New time: 20.00-21.00

There will be 8 sessions before October 1/2 term and I would like to request payment for these sessions upfront as I am billed for the hire of the court.

Cost: 40€ for 8 sessions.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Zoe :-)

Hello

I am coming from England to work in Hamburg for a little while from 19 August (returning actually, I know it a bit from previous contracts) and am looking for activities which would enable me to meet people. I like keeping fit through sport and though have not played netball for a very long time (and am mature in years) I'd really like to join your training sessions if that'd be OK?

Best wishes

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne -

Sure it would be great to meet you at the training sessions. These sessions are fun and very friendly, you do as much as you can/ want to...no pressure. We have a whole range of ladies who join in, different skill level, fitness level and age.

You are more than welcome to join us

Hello! My name's Klara and I'm 25 from England.

I've just come across this thread and I'm really interested in coming along :) I haven't played netball for a few years now but hopefully it will all come flooding back quick enough! I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make this weeks first session though-will that be a problem?

Thank you!

Klara

Hi Klara, thanks for leaving a message.

You are welcome to join whenver you are available - not a problem. It is very friendly and informal, i know you will pick it back up easy enough. We usually do 1/2 an hour skills and training and then 1/2 an hour we play a game.

It's fun, i love it!

Hope to see you there,

Zoe

Hello Zoe

Thanks for replying to my post. I start work on Monday 19 August, so I hope I can come to netball training next Wednesday.

Best regards

Yvonne

Good Morning ladies, just a reminder about netball tonight,

20.00-21.00

International School in Hamburg

30€ for the remaining 6 sessions or 5€ to pay as you go.

Hi ladies, netball tonight is at the usual place, at the usual time.

I am thinking of bringing my camera to take some action shots, so look your best ;-)

Hi Zoe

I can't make it tonight, my work is a bit crazy this week, early starts and late finishes. Am relieved to be missing the photo shoot - I'd be the most red faced of the lot, specially if 3 a side like last week. Hope it's a good work out. Yvonne

Hi Ladies, tomorrow is the last training session before the school closes for 2 weeks holidays. No further dates have been confirmed as yet, but when they are confirmed I will update this thread.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow

International school of Hamburg

20.00-21.00