Cryptic wisdom

35 posts in this topic

Without mentioning yellow snow, share the wise words u wished you'd listened to - doesn't matter the source. No explanations of why they are, in fact, wise is necessary. If you could give a person just 1 piece of advice for life, what would it be?

“Enjoy your school years they’re the best years of your life“ my granddad told me way back then, when all I wanted to be was grown up.

Did I ever grow up?

most true thing ever:

"90% of all adversity is self created"

that means that when bad things happen to you, its not what happens, but how you deal with it that makes it a bad thing or not. If you can learn this, then I guarantee that your life will become so much happier and easier. getting mad almost never helps anyone, learning how to smile, shrug your shoulders and deal with it and move on and adapt is what will ultimately lead you to a more contented life.

Now if only i could get my girlfriend to understand this...

Along the same lines - carrying a grudge or a chip on your shoulder will make your own life hell, not anyone elses.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

I was told this once years ago and it made no sense to me at the time ... now as I get older, it makes perfect sense.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

I was told this once years ago and it made no sense to me at the time ... now as I get older, it makes perfect sense.

Good post Kit Kat. If I only had a dollar for every time I got bad advice from overly confident people, which then turned out to be bad advice, I'd be a rich man.

Smilin, I wish you asked years ago.

But probably it wouldn't have helped, knowledge is transferable, wisdom it is not.

We learn most things the very first time out; the other 99% is just practice, so trust in yourself. And--

Habits define us more than ideas or singular actions.

The really clever people explain complex things in a way all can understand. Would be my retort to that one, and I think true.

Maybe what he means is that those who understand won't explain, because everyone else is an idiot and wouldn't get it, anyway, or would copy them and write a book about it called The-Subject-I-Devoted-20-Years-Of-My-Life-To for Dummies and make a million dollars while I'm still prostituting myself for grants.