Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Car mechanics in the Darmstadt area

8 posts in this topic

Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced mechanic in or around Darmstadt? My friend needs a new clutch on a Peugeot (not entirely sure which model) and he seems to be getting some pretty expensive quotes. The car is fairly old so he doesn't really want to be spending too much to get it done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes I can.

I have never met as my boyf took my car there. He is from New Zealand and his name is Bone apparently! He does a lot of for ESA employees and will not overcharge or rip you off.

Kevin Lloyd-Jones (aka. Bones)

Pallaswiesenstr. 210

64293 Darmstadt, Germany

06151 894071‎

His name is Kevin Wilson (AFAIK) and his garage is down Pallaswiesenstrasse just past the 10 pin bowling alley behind the carwash and Getränkemarkt there.

Kevin "Bones" Lloyd-Jones. Recommended as he does a good job, won't charge the earth and if you've got an older car, will even sort out reconditioned bits instead of charging you for pricey new parts. He gets a lot of expatriate referrals. Just don't get him on to the topic of rugby or you'll find yourself betting crates of beer on your home team against the All Blacks ;-)

Thanks for this everyone! I'm sure that he'll be really happy to hear that he's so well recommended! Unfortunately the car's repairs are going to cost much more than the cars worth...even getting it done by Bones! So it's probably time to get rid of it! Thanks for the help though! Much appreciated!

This is 2016!

Is the above mentioned person still serving?

Are there other English speaking mechanics too?

Thanks.

On 6/1/2016, 9:29:10, dpaul said:

This is 2016!

Is the above mentioned person still serving?

Are there other English speaking mechanics too?

Thanks.

He is still there, search for Kevin Lloyd-Jones Auto-Reifen-Service, he is on Pfnorstrasse 11 in Darmstadt, phone  06151 894071

Its not that easy to find him as the garage is tucked away...  but if you get hungry during the search, KFC is just around the corner..

If you have an urgent problem, its probably best to find someone else as Kevin has been here so long he has the German "Lets make an appointment for next week" attitude....