Summoned as a witness in a criminal case

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pmd said:

@emkay

Presumably the two supermarkets are close to one another? 

They are though the incidents were 3 months apart. 

1 hour ago, emkay said:

They are though the incidents were 3 months apart. 

The time between the incidents is not so relevant. The fact that the supermarkets are close together (few hundred metres?) means that there is more likelihood that your daughter innocently went past them on both occasions. If they had been a few km apart, I'd imagine your daughter would have had more explaining to do - still a coincidence but immediately looks more suspicious.

14 minutes ago, pmd said:

The time between the incidents is not so relevant. The fact that the supermarkets are close together (few hundred metres?) means that there is more likelihood that your daughter innocently went past them on both occasions. If they had been a few km apart, I'd imagine your daughter would have had more explaining to do - still a coincidence but immediately looks more suspicious.

The incidents were around 20km apart  though the police woman accepted the coincidence factor given that my daughter provided the information of the locations she had been to and with whom...including all of their contact info. Also, the phone signals were more than an hour before the incidents when she was already at home.  

On 10/06/2020, 15:41:17, emkay said:

The incidents were around 20km apart  though the police woman accepted the coincidence factor given that my daughter provided the information of the locations she had been to and with whom...including all of their contact info. Also, the phone signals were more than an hour before the incidents when she was already at home.  

This boggles the mind even more. Clearly the police have no leads, and it's a total fishing expedition. That a judge would approve this only shows how low the bar is.

I disagree. Being in the direct vicinity of two different break-ins that occurred 20 km and 3 months apart is a strong indicator that you might have been involved somehow, either as an active burglar or a lookout. If they contact everyone who fits that profile, and I doubt there are many people who did, it's likely that one or more of the perps is among them. Perp gets spooked that they might be on to him, confesses and turns in his buddies, and the crime is solved.

The fact that emkay's daughter happened to be nearby was mere coincidence, which she could easily prove.

On 6/10/2020, 2:26:49, Krieg said:

The baby was asian mix and the DNA tests pointed to South East Asia, probably Thailand. 

Wonder if the same tact would have been followed had the DNA returned White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.