Grocery delivery services in Munich

15 posts in this topic

I'm living the corporate life here with no time to shop! Does anyone know of any local supermarket that delivers groceries? You know, the basics like bread, soda, lunch meat, soup, etc..

I miss this kind of thing from the States! Such convenience.

I know Tengelmann was offering a service like this at our office. I think our office was a pilot proogram for them. You would actually order the stuff online or on some form. Then they would have the groceries ready for you to take home from the office.

Not new but it's fantastic, I use them as my Getränkemarkt. Why? Like bugger I'm going to cart that much stuff up 4 floors of high-ceilinged Altbau so 5€ is cheap for the job lot I buy (something like 5+ crates at a time). Most other places charge by the crate but these charge 5€ flatrate. And take the empties.

No idea what the meat etc. is like, I only ever buy drink from them, they've always been punctual with me too.

Just used the Tengies delivery service and it's the nuts.

Exactly on the dot of 9 delivery and the crates of beer n water are here.

Not to mention orange juice and muffins for breakfast. :P

We've used Tengelmann for bulky stuff before and it's good. The only problem is that their range is rather limited and a number of items that we buy regularly aren't offered, especially on the non-alcoholic drinks side. If they stocked a few more of our regular purchases I think we'd use it more often.

Just looking for an update re: good/bad experiences with home grocery delivery. I looked at lebensmittle.de, but their website is buggy, so I kept looking. I see edeka, rewe, tengleman, and Dachauer biobauern all deliver. I'm sure there are others too. I would judge based on variety, quality of any fresh stuff you received, punctuality and cost. Thanks!

Yep, I wrongly assumed they were here too. Tried Tengleman today. Delivery was ontime. Produce was decent, although not perfect. The variety on that site isn't great. Will try lebensmittle.de next time just to compare.

I love the Tengelman service for beverages, cat litter, and all that other bulky, heavy stuff. Haven't had great success with perishable foods though - expiration date is usually day of delivery or day thereafter.