Help me recognize a song heard at Prinzenbad

35 posts in this topic

Well, if Lilli mae is really that interested in the song we are all working our asses off to try and figure out, then why hasn´t she commented on any of our suggestions so far??? - I rather think she either already has the answer, or that this post is a fake!!

I've now translated the OP's "ahhh-aah-ah" into "A-La-La" and therefore present to you ...

Everyone should click (at least once) and I hope you enjoy. :)

I don't think it's a "fake"; some people just don't get onto the internet so often. But the OP definitely should win the Dumbo of the Week award for failing to provide any information at all that might help people. Genre, gender of the singer, language of the vocals, any other distinguishing features – saying it goes "ah ah ah" only really rules out about a fifth of the songs ever written in the history of the world, which still leaves a lot of possibilities open.

I don't think it's a "fake".

Neither do I. The first noise in my Internal Juke-Box last night was the "A-La-La" chorus/refrain. Which I wrongly attributed to the Tom Tom Club's "Wordy Rappinghood" as the song has the most nonsensical chorus of all time and I couldn't remember it. Once I realised it wasn't WP I went to bed, but still had both songs mixing in my head all night.

We all get a song hook/chorus/verse block in our heads at some time. "Gah! What's that song? Y'know? That One?!?". Even the people who write and sing them sometimes.

In a moment of clarity this morning, I said: The Specials - Ghost Town

Final answer.

Thank you everyone for your help! I'll check all your options out, but there's no need for all the sarcasm! I can tell by your guesses (beatles, led zeppelin etc) that you weren't actually AT the pool that day (which was, in fact, THURSDAY -my mistake there, but shh!), but thanks any way for sort of trying.

I'll let you know who wins best guess. :D

Oh! and another thing, OBVIOUSLY the time I posted last night was the time I was going to come back tonight. I don't sit in front of a computer all day...for example I was at a POOL during the DAY on a THURSDAY which is where it all originated. But don't worry kids, I won't take it personally :D

Oh! and another thing, OBVIOUSLY the time I posted last night was the time I was going to come back tonight. I don't sit in front of a computer all day...

None of your cheek, missy. Not all of us have a life, you know... For some of us, socializing consists of posting here and having a beer next to the monitor, going "Cheers mate" to the posters that agree with us.

On a related note, it is NOT obvious. There are a lot of people who log in from work and do not have the luxury of going to the pool on a weekday ;)

I can tell by your guesses (beatles, led zeppelin etc) that you weren't actually AT the pool that day (which was, in fact, THURSDAY -my mistake there, but shh!), but thanks any way for sort of trying.

Aha, or should I say Ahhh-aah-ah, how do you know that they weren't filming there on Friday as well and playing Beatles and Led Zep tracks?

OH MY GOD!! I don't believe it! (Am I happier than I should be?)

The Winner is... HAYDO! with '36 grad' by 2Raumwohnung

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKDswBF88c)

The music video is quite cute... if you see that version. the others are a bit.. eh.. (next question: WHY are there so many?)

It's so POPpy I almost hate myself. But try having THAT in the background all day. I deserve your pity! :rolleyes:

Some of those other songs are good too though! Especially the 'Interrogation at Guantanamo Bay' one. totally underappreciated musicianship there.(coincidentally: long-haul, winner of the least helpful suggestion prize)

Any way everyone, thanks for your help with that. Couldn't have done it with out you. And prijks, Ill keep those websites handy for later as this ALWAYS happens to me. Keep using this thread for this kind of stuff everyone! (It will probably just be me asking and everyone else doing all the heavy lifting, true, BUT hey! you dont HAVE to post ANYTHING)

Damn it! you've unravelled all my logic keydeck! shhh! I'm only in the wrong if someone points it out!

On a related note, it is NOT obvious. There are a lot of people who log in from work and do not have the luxury of going to the pool on a weekday

not a luxury, its my job. I'm an au pair. (That's why I'm so condescendingly CHIRPY. a unique combination which only taking care of rich people's children could produce. sorry about that...)