Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If you left Germany, where would you go?

115 posts in this topic

Ok, I’m thinking Dubai purely for financial reasons and because I would already have somewhere to stay. Other than that Amsterdam, so I could just get wasted all the time before I lost my job and then I would become one of those people who pick bottles out of the bin and sleep on the street.

Certainly wouldn’t be France. Stoopid keyboards.

I think, once you have emigrated once, then the idea of doing it again is very easy ;).

Too many choices really. And Brit has their pick of the EU of course. I'd love to live in Japan, Egypt or India :).

US cause it is summer and I would love to just be at the lake cruising around on my speedboat and camping out on some island.

God I hear ya Eurovol. Got in as much boating/water skiing/canoeing/camping, etc as I could in the last three weeks but it still leaves you wanting more. I can't wait to move back home.

norway, finland or iceland i think.

cant imagine why, but i feel drawn there.

I would go anywhere but the United States. But I can see living in Austria, Switzerland, or Costa Rica. Wherever I go it has to be near a forest.

There was a book being run to see if I would actually return from New Zealand and New South Wales... I did, not entirely sure that was wise and I'd certainly be more than happy in Wellington or Sydney.

Both places suit me despite being pretty different, just felt completely at home: the landscape, the water, the attitude and humour of the people, cultural stuff and frankly the colours.

I am leaving Germany and moving to Austin, Texas in a matter of days.

I would go anywhere but the United States.

Phew, what a relief!

I'm with euvorol and Dan. Hopefully within the next 4-6 months too.

Me too! Though sadly my wait will be more like 8-10 months. <_<

i think oz is my next stop. looking for a pre-ruin california. maybe perth. i wonder which city in oz is both the most progressive as well as great warm water surfing? i will spend the winter there and hopefully find a good spot.

any ozzies want to give some tips, i'm all ears. also researching nz, but from what i gather, it's quite expensive and the weather is not so sunny most of the time.

Australia or New Zealand where I can turn the tables and bitch about, well, just about everything. The only difference is that everything is actually better here (anywhere, for that matter) than there. :ph34r:

Krostitzer. Do not bother, I have around 12 family members in Perth and a few in Sydney. Most are born and bred Aussie but ALL want to come to Europe.

I guess it is because Australia is just so fantastic that they wish to gloat.

back to Canada, finish my degree, do some research and teach at the uni instead of the day to day grind.

Actually planning it already, cannot wait to leave this place.

San Francisco, Tokyo, Helsinki, or Seoul -- I think I'd like it in either place.

Back to Canada. I never wanted or imagined living anywhere else, but Germany has been a lovely treat. I'm enjoying it immensely!

Scotland for six months to pick up the accent.

Spain for two years to really learn the language.

Hamburg for six months to learn Plattdeutsch and get a different angle on Germany.

Thailand for a year to live in a non-European culture.

By then I will be past 50 and ready to give SF another try or drive the shuttle-bus in Yosemite for a while.