Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Practical" - a UK car hire company

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking to rent a car in Dublin for approx. a week and tour around ireland. The cheapest rate, by far, was from a company called 'practical'.

I'd never heard of them, so looked them up and they're a UK only company, that says they're the 4th largest.

Anyone ever use them before, and have an experience to share? Have you heard they're good/bad??

Thanks!

honestly, I have personally never heard of them.

Avis, Herz, Six-T, Eurocar and Enterprise seem fairly big in the UK.

Well, I'm booking the car through travelocity, so I would assume they only partner with reputable and half-way decent car agencies...

Their rate is $108 for the 5 days we want it, and the next option up is from Enterprise for $211, and then Thrifty for $238. Budget, hertz, etc are even more.

Anyone else have exp or heard info on Practical??

Hired a car from them a couple of years back and it took forever getting the deposit back and they dont answer the customer service "hotline"

Otherwise OK

Just for information: I've rented a car for next week in the UK and off the internet found www.carhire3000.com who so far have been incredibly helpful and very cheap, easy to reach on the phone and altogether very professional. They're just a scouting company but we want a somewhat tricky one way rental (different pick up and drop off places) and they've been very helpful finding a way to avoid most of the one way fees.