TTers vs. the Germans

25 posts in this topic

I was just thinking- if all TTers banded together and formed a small army that functioned like a well-oiled machine- with the ultimate aim of taking over the country and claiming it for our own, what do you suppose our chances of winning would be? What tactics would we use? Would we want to claim the whole country or just the pretty parts? Would we wear fancy TT uniforms or would we operate in a more stealth-like mode? Would fighting modern day Germans be more difficult than taking on, say, a swarm of angry midgets?

Would Ed Bob be a benevolent dictator or would we opt for a free democratic society? How much power would the mods really be allowed?

Gah. There are so many questions...

Dunno. I think we'd have a fighting chance.

TT will win hands down as they will walk on the grass while the Germans are still waiting for the light to turn green.

Game over

No chance. The Brits and Americans would spend so long arguing over who's in charge and who are the better fighters they'd be over us before we knew it.

I was so caught up in the details, I overlooked the fact that the answer was so, so simple... Thanks, sara. I will sleep a bit easier tonight.

Edit: Or perhaps we could just turn Ruthie and LR loose on them.

If the TTers were all English we could sing our own anthem as we set off...

Two World wars and one world cup

Do da do da

Two world wars and one world cup

Do da do da day!!!

Ah yes. But, Sarabyrd, not even Americans will have a clue what you are talking about. Why do you think Nike ran an advertising campaign entitled "The Best Team you Have Never Heard of"?

Nonetheless a fact.

The Germans would also insist on a 37.5 hour fighting week while the TTers are used to pulling 20 hours shifts for weeks on end.

It'd be hopeless. Troops would mutiny over the quality of the food available at supermarkets and logistics would be disrupted as no one would be able to buy any supplies with a credit card.

You're talking about a group of people that can have an internecine war about which curry restaurant they want to visit.

If they did win, civil war and balkanisation would result.

Does it have to be war that we're talking about? I mean, if we took Germany on in cricket, or rugby, or something, it'd be a piece of cake.

Still, I do still see one major obstacle to us winning, and it lies in your premise:

...all TTers banded together and formed a small army that functioned like a well-oiled machine...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! :lol: Yeah, right.

It will all come down to penalties and the Germans will then win.

No World Wars and THREE World Cups, do-dah, do-dah!!

I also agree with Exile about the balkanisation.

Why would we want to take over Germany?

Quite happy with them slaving away to produce a clean, organised environment for us to ignore the rules and play in. :)