How to post an image and upload photos to TT

97 posts in this topic

when you click "My settings" is the second of these two checkboxes checked? If so, uncheck it and try again.

post-124040-13327686750627.jpg

Hi Guest, thank you for reading my posts. Yes it is unchecked. When it is checked I do not even see an option to browse for a picture - I had tried this earlier.

@camlough - it is always reassuring to know I am not the only one. It may mean it is not just me and user error (ok, IT stupidity).

Internet Explorer - the properties list the version as being created on November 9, 2009.

That's me out in terms of fixing your issue without being in front of the computer. I had nothing but trouble with IE so I switched to Firefox & Chrome a long time ago. Whilst it's not an answer to your question I'd suggest you do the same as it will be a solution to your problem.

Did you click the second checkbox in the TT-Control Settings?

post-124040-1332770808474.jpg

An update. Keydeck had the right idea. I asked the IT guy at work. There is a compatability setting for the browser. I have a newer version and it needs to have compatability enabled to function. :rolleyes:

I have a simpler way to reduce the size of photos. I drag and drop a photo into the Safari email programme and it resizes it for me (correct proportions) for emailing, then I drag and drop it to where I want it. A 2 megabyte photo reduces to about 250 kilobytes. Takes me a couple of minutes to do the first photo, then each photo after that only a few seconds. Magic! Of course if you don't have Safari, you will need to download it...

Topics merged by admin

How in the world does anyone compress a photo enough to make it small enough to upload to this website??  I really need some help here.  I have a washer, dryer and a cabinet to sell.  Tried to upload it using the "small KB" option on my iPhone and it still isn't small enough.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

I would just get a dropbox account and link to them there. Then you don't have to worry about resizing anything. Dropbox is great to have anyway. 

Most photo editing software allows you to save an image at various compression rates, the higher the compression - the smaller the file size.

I tend to use Irfanview to do this, it's free to use and works well.