Alice phone and Internet service interruption

7 posts in this topic

I've been with Alice for a month, on Monday the phone and internet connection stopped working. I have called their support line several times these 3 days and always get excuses and am asked to call later: their system is down, I need to be in front of the modem when calling them, etc... I live in the north side of Düsseldorf. Is there anyone in the area having the same problem?

My german is pretty bad and basically the Alice customer reps refuse to speak in English... I strongly do not recommend signin up with this company!

I have had a similar problem but not this week.

What's your router? Is it Wlan?

They have people who understand English but you are probably best sending them an e-mail.

When I have the problem it solves itself after a few hours. Try switching everything off for half and hour or so.

In the end they have sent me a newer router but I have not tried it yet.

I have tried unplugging the modem (Sphiron Turbolink) several times... I am almost 100% the problem is not the modem but that simply there is no connection in the line... just called Alice again on my cell and they said to wait until tomorrow and see if the connection is back. This is so sad! Which email address did you contacted them at?

Can you get access to the internet somewhere else?

There are forms in the Alice lounge you can use.

You could also try internet@alice-dsl.de

It's the same box as mine I suspect. Is it WLAN?

The modem is not WLAN. The only indicator lights that are ON are the "power" light (constantly on) and the DSL light that keeps blinking (normally it should be ON constantly). My phone has a busy signal if I try to get the service tone, and if you dial my number you would get a message saying that the number is not available. Before someone asks, I am up to date with payments... :)

I just managed to talk again with the "technical service" of Alice, whose only assistance was to have me turn on and off the modem for about 30 seconds (I had done that about 6 times before on my own already).

Who can reccomend an internet provider that works and does not take 1 month to hook you up?

Well with Alice you have a one month exit clause. All the others you're tied in for a year. Not sure any of the others are really any better.