Where to buy goat meat in Frankfurt

14 posts in this topic

Would be interested in knowing the same for Munich. As long as it is decent enough freshness and quality! I suppose somewhere in Turkish area?

So who can recommend a good turkish buthers then :)

Though I do live half way along Mainzer landstrasse. There has got to be one there although I dont remember seeing one. I guess ill spend by journey home tonight peering out the window of the strassenbahn and actually noticing, for one, what the shops I pass actually are.

There should be more than one in Kleinmarkthalle:

Kleinmarkthalle

HFM Managementgesellschaft für Hafen und Markt mbH

Hasengasse 5-7

60311 Frankfurt am Main

It´s open weekdays 7:30 - 18:00 and Sturday 7:30 - 16:00.

Hello Meat Lovers,

I have tried most of Turkish shops available near Hauptbahnof and Gallusviertel but I am not quite pleased with Lamm Meat they have their available. The available meat over there never met my expectations compared to what I was used to eat from Sindbad in München. (Near Peteulring)

It will be very nice if some can can share their experiences with repect to Lamm meat purchase in Frankfurt.

Oh Yes, me to interested in Goat meat.

To order online http://www.wildfleisch-online-bestellen.de/Bio-Lamm-und-Ziegenfleisch/Ziegenfleisch-vom-Zicklein/

Have you tried the Saturday market at Konstablerwache? They had vendors with all sorts of meats there and there's an indoor market nearby as well I heard.

The Erzeuger Market on the Konstablerwache is there on Thursdays and Saturdays. It is huge and very popular. If you are at the Konsti, how can you miss it?

There are many butchers there and I believe 1 or 2 of them are selling lamb and goat. If you don't see it, then speak with the stand selling goat cheese as they would be sure to tell you where to get the meat.

Here is a list of all of the markets in Frankfurt:

http://www.hfm-frank...henmaerkte.html

The indoor market is the Klein Markt Halle, closer to the Kaiserdom. I don't believe I have seen goat meat there, but have never really looked for it, so there could be a butcher offering it. Maybe stop by the Halal stand and ask.

On 13/04/2015, 06.21.54, Moondancer said:

The Erzeuger Market on the Konstablerwache is there on Thursdays and Saturdays. It is huge and very popular. If you are at the Konsti, how can you miss it?

There are many butchers there and I believe 1 or 2 of them are selling lamb and goat. If you don't see it, then speak with the stand selling goat cheese as they would be sure to tell you where to get the meat.

I was there last week.  I visited every butcher but didn't find one selling goat meat.  (Lots of delicious lamb, though.)

However, I did find an African grocery store in Darmstadt that sells frozen goat meat.  They're located on Adelungstraße between Saalbaustraße and Neckarstraße.

*SOLVED*

You can buy Goat(Bakra in Hindi) meat in Spiceland, thats a Sri Lanka shop located on Kaiserstrasse - Frankfurt. This goat meat is transported from Holland in frozen packets. It takes longer to cook and is bit harder and full of fat. You need to carefully remove the fat. Some butchers sell the whole Goat, 14 kilo meat. And no possibility to buy just 1 or 2 kilo.