Scrabble meetup, Next one: 8pm, 15.Jan.2018 @ Wirtshaus Heuberger

612 posts in this topic

I'm interested but I would prefer not Thursday nights as there are too many events already on Thursdays. I don't care where. Have subway, will travel.

Thanks,

Paul

i love playing scrabble, i used to play it every week with my great gran. I miss playing with her now i've moved to berlin, so i've decided to make my own scrabble board.. getting my boyfriend to play often might be a challenge especially if i beat him.

hi everyone,

we freelancers met today and discovered that we'd like to play scrabble. so...

we are planning on a scrabble outing at Altes Europa, 11 Gipsstrasse, on Monday, 2 February, at 7:30pm. (thats groundhog day as well as superbowl monday).

i will be going down there to sniff it out one day soon.

i think we have 3 or 4 games of scrabble among us. i will bring mine (and my printout of two and three letter words - hey, we can all cheat together!)

cheers

Would love to join the scrabble players if you hold a game on a weekend or Friday evening as I have to travel to Berlin.

Can you please PM me to let me if you ever have one on the weekend as I would love to play.

Three of us - aniseed, imp and me - enjoyed a couple games of scrabble last nite at Altes Europa.

One suggestion for our next meeting is Tuesday, Feb 17, 7:30 pm. But we would like to change the venue (due to smoke, music tastes). Possibilites include Barcomi's at Sophienstr. 21 (parallel street to Gipsstr.), and the Schiffsrestaurant Patio near Sbahn Bellevue. We will be checking these out in the days to come.

Of course, if you have other dates or venues to suggest, please do so.

fyi, at http://www.berlin-fuer-nichtraucher.de/stadtplan.html you can find a map of non-smoking (to varying degrees) venues.

cheers

I'd like to offer my hotel conference rooms, the bar or restaurant for the scrabble games if anyone is interested in moving the event occasionally to somewhere really really central ... The hotel is on the corner of the Kudamm and the Urania. It is 200 feet from Wittenburgplatz and KaDeWe.

I'd also really like to play people in chess and/or backgammon if someone knows how to play

www.maps.google.com

Nearest U-Bahnhöfe is Wittenbergplatz: U1, U2, U3

Bus: An der Urania: 106, 187, M19, M29, M46, N1, N2, N26