Scrabble meetup, Next one: 8pm, 15.Jan.2018 @ Wirtshaus Heuberger

612 posts in this topic

Any takers for a regular Scrabble game? I really enjoy playing and am a decent player, certainly no champion. LIve in Tiergarten.

Are you in Ulm or Berlin? You posted this for Berlin, but your profile has you in Ulm?

I'm in Ulm at the moment but back and forth between Berlin and Ulm.

Hello,

Just wondering if there's anyone out there interested in playing a bit of informal Scrabble every now and again with a big chunk of cake and copious amounts of tea or coffee. Not that bothered about the obsessive side, just for fun. Or any other wordy games such as Bananagrams etc...

I'm in Prenzlauerberg at the moment but am moving to Steglitz next month. Either area would be cool because I'll still be working in P'berg.

Thanks,

Cadi

Topics merged by admin

Hi Cadi,

that sounds like an idea I would definiitely consider,though Ive not played for years since I used to play with my nan (and got whooped). I was never any good at it, but I could surely help out with the cake side of it!!..

Do you intend to host the evenings 'bei dir' or elsewhere?

You sound exactly the kind of person I was hoping for - cake rated over competition!

I can't host the games myself yet because I'll be in a depressing state of flux for a few months, but I was hoping to find a snug little cafe place with sofas and yes, cake.

If this doesn't put you off, fantastic!

Cadi

Cake rated as im a dab hand at cooking and baking, though sadly going in a cafe with a homemade one wouldnt go down too well!!

If the cafe thing gets some interest, who knows, you may get others who can host..

I've only ever played Scrabble a few times but I do love words! Have any of you ever played Taboo? (Another goodie).

Cake and tea definitely sound like an excellent addition to some just-for-fun gaming!

I currently am renting with a flat-mate in a tiny spot so I doubt my place would do, but I've got Tetley tea bags from Canada! I guess that's not really exciting news for anyone else...

might be exciting news if you wanted to drink it with any of my cakes, be it cheesecake, eierschecke or carrottcake! and a pot of PG Tips...Oooohh-tetley..

I'd definitely love to eat some cake and play some scrabble! Just moved to Berlin from London, so would really like to meet some people too! As I've just moved here my knowledge of cafes with good cake is quite limited but I would be willing to investigate :) let me know if this does take place!

Hi! Would have loved to have seen you all at the now defunct Berlin Scrabble Club, as referenced here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t89878.html

Sadly after the first few months attendance was not enough to keep it going, but if you're all genuinely up for a regular game we could try again for 2009 - I already have a mailing list of those who were coming previously.

If anyone has a suggestion for a cafe? Oberholz is a little too far for me to go these days, somewhere in Friedrichshain or Kreuzberg with large tables and good cake would be perfect!

I also have two boards if that helps.

Adam

does anyone know where I can buy an English Scrabble board in Berlin? if you have two and wouldn't mind parting with one, holler at me...