Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quality of electricity supplies in Niedersachsen

7 posts in this topic

Ok, where we're living at present is a little out of the ordinary, in that no matter what time of day or year it is we get on average, two to three cuts per day for up to two to three hours each...sometimes, however, we are pleasantly surprised when after ten minutes it comes back on again (NOT often enough though, believe me! we have one at present...no surprises there then)

Perhaps someone would either care to deepen, or put me out of, my misery - in informing me what the state of lekkie is in Niersachsen - Goettingen region...thanks folks!

Trouble with that is that Kerosene, and the likes are all on ration and you must have a very good friend or a ration book to present when trying to buy it! Got some two years back (Kerosene) for a rather large ants nest, and even then it cost the equivalent of 5 euro - for one litre...but worth it to get rid of the ants :-)

lived and dealt with that for 5 years in india and 4 years in pakistan. It is just the way it goes. Remember doing lots of homework by candelight and taking lots of cool showers. hang in there.

Look for a Diesel Generator. Easily available in the market. As for 5 EUR/litre for Kerosene, somone really ripped you on that.

A UPS costy in excess of 10,000/- and I dont really want to spend that kind of money now, with us leaving...it's just, as you say, something one gets used to - ah yes, sweet tragically beautiful India...and her little ways... :-)

- only wondering what, if any, the cuts might be like in Niedersachsen...anyone got any info for me on that one...

Look for a Diesel Generator. Easily available in the market. As for 5 EUR/litre for Kerosene, somone really ripped you on that.

Yes, but after almost 8 years here - it comes with the territory in being a white foreigner. It matters not how long you're here, whether you speak the language or not.