Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to get Internet without a phone line

9 posts in this topic

I would like to get an internet connection without having a phone line. Is there a way to get it? Would I have to buy a mobile phone contract that would bind me for a two year period? Are there shorter contracts? Would it be a fast enough connection?

Yes it is possible. My fiance uses the vodafone easy box. He has mobile internet and can take his computer anywhere in Germany and have internet access. But it is a mobile contract, like a cell phone.

Who knows. Maybe they will come up with a prepaid version for the 3G connections, too. They may realize that they do not reap as much as they hoped to, and will go for shorter contracts, too.

Dream on.

i dont have a phoneline, i got cable. as for prices and contract length i wouldnt know coz its included in my rent. speak to the cable guys in munich, you should be able to get it too :)

I use Vodafone WebSessions, it's without contract.

post-6977-1214208007.jpg

(Only works if you have a computer that has a PCMCIA slot.)

Edit: And, yes, it's fast. Vodafone promises that you will have about DSL speed in any larger city in Germany and at least 64K/s in rural areas. The only thing that annoys me is that they compress web pages so they are smaller in size which is especially noticeable with pictures (read the details here)

Maybe they will come up with a prepaid version for the 3G connections, too.

T-Mobile's 3G prepaid offering is called xtra web'n'walk. If you need don't have PCMCIA, you can by a T-Mobile USB stick for €99.95.

More info here:

T-Mobile Xtra web'n'walk

The other possibility is to connect to a Hotspot (assuming you can get coverage) just using Wifi. Eg. A 30 day Hotspot pass costs €29.00 if you are not a T-Mobile customer.

T-Mobile Hotspot (but only in German)

Of course, Vodafone and probably O2 will have similar packages.

I have Vodafone mobile internet which works on a SIM... but i needed to take a 2 yr contract. But heard that now O2 is offering the same with a minimum base period of 3 months. Check that out. Might be of help to u.

im leaving germany in a years time. I have already cancelled my phone and internet and they will run out in December. Is it possible to get a six month contract? Or is there anyway i can still have internet without having to sign my soul over for another 2 years. Ps never get

DSL with Vodafone! The customer service is awful!