Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Real estate agents in Göttingen

3 posts in this topic

If there are any kind souls living in the Goettingen region of Lower Saxony, we would really appreciate it if any of you could let us know of any real estate agents local to Goettingen...we have been on immoscout.de, but would really like to know where we could find an agent too! We intend renting prior to purchasing and for my son's family of animals that he intends to have ( :o ) ideally it would be a little outside the City with about 1000m2 or near that and perhaps have some outbuildings, old or whatever. Near to public transport to the City for me, but my son will be picked up for school in the City. Any help or advice would truly be appreciated. Many thanks to you!

We're leaving next week after spending a year in Göttingen. Lovely town, had a great time here. I don't have 1st-hand experience in house-hunting as we stayed in guest accommodations organized by the university, but I can give you a few places to check into:

Göttinger Mietwohn-Zentrale seems to have a good website with a selection of properties. Could give you a sense of what's available.

The Göttinger Tageblatt Immobilienmarkt pages seem to have lots of ads for Maklers plus properties of all sorts.

The map of the public transit system of the region is at the RBB Göttingen site. It's a lousy map but it was the only one I could find. It seems to be a closely guarded secret as I have never found a publicly available copy showing exactly where those buses go. You can get individual routes but you need to know where you're going first. could give you a sense of where public transit will take you here. You should think about how long you're willing to ride the bus for, too. Of course the DB website will have train info.

Does your son's school care where you live? I ask because a friend of our daughter lives in Adelebsen and apparently she had to get special permission to continue going to her Grundschule in Göttingen, I guess because it wasn't the closest school or not in the service area or something like that. Could be worth checking if you've already picked a school.

Sorry for the vague suggestions but I'm not sure how many other Göttinger-volk are on TT. Perhaps someone with more useful info will reply too. I wish you luck!

My son's school is The Heinrich Boll School and they pick up kids as far away as Oberon, so no worries there thank God! You're very kind to help out with the linbks you gave us, and I do thank you very much. Good luck wherever you're going after Gottingen :)