Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'lohnsteuer'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author







Year of birth

Found 1 result

  1. Hello,   I've been working in Germany fulltime for 3 years (I don't speak German - sorry to say), I'm single without children and I also had no idea about tax calculations.   Each year, I got a paper from employee with title "Ausdruck der elektronischen Lohnsteuerbescheinigung", example (not mine of course) Until last week, I got informed from a roommate who said If I check this paper, row number 5 "Einbehaltener Solidaritätszuschlag von 3."  and if it is not 0 then I can claim tax return from it.   I've collected these papers from the last 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018) and would like to claim some hundred Euros from Finanzamt (the roommate also said, I could visit this office and they would help to fill the tax claim papers).     Could you confirm that I could collect the money from my last 3 working years? I have fulltime job and the Brutto salary is ~3000 Euro/month and I summed the total money from the row number 5 from these tax papers which would give me ~800 Euro.   Thanks a lot.