Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'insurance'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author







Year of birth

Found 14 results

  1. Independent Investment Consultant and Insurance broker for international clients in Germany. We offer a large portfolio of various investments in funds, shares and property and also guarantee a long-term management of the investments portfolios. Also we will help with an indepentent advice by questions around insurances, real estate financing, health insurance, car- & liability insurance and retirement planning.   Daniel Charles Bossenz Independent Investment Consultant & Insurance Broker   Alexanderstraße 3 10178 Berlin Germany   Email: Website: Telephone: 08002677369
  2. Hello,   Until recently I was making very modest annual income, so KSK was perfect for me. But everything changed this year and it looks like I'll make around 100k from freelancing. Is it worth paying to the KSK or are there better options for me? I remember years ago I read somewhere (might have been here) that KSK is a pretty good deal if you're making under 60k per year or something like that. I can't find that info now, though.
  3. Folks,    I am changing my legal insurance company from A to B as of 9.2.. There is a gap of 2 days in between.  So, who is responsible for the stuff which happened let's say 4 months back? Will company A still cover it?   Thanks a lot for your advice!
  4. I tried to compress the title as much as possible. So here's a better (still short) version of the story:   I have installed a bidet in my bathroom, by installing the provided extra branch (extension?) on the pipe below the sink. A few weeks ago I received a call that all my apartment was under water. Apparently the hose was loose and had popped out. Now there's moisture under the flooring, and recently mould in the walls, etc. So a company is coming for "drying", etc.   Question: does a Haftpflichtversicherung normally cover such a case? I guess mine is a good one, as I pay above 160 EUR per year. And if you think it depends on how I narrate the story, do you have suggestions (based on the detailed story below)?   Thanks in advance!   ---------------------- Detailed Story [read only if you feel like it] ------------------------ The bidet piping seems to be safe enough, as I had a similar one running for 3 years in another apartment with no problems. This one was also working OK for about 1 year. A couple of weeks before the incident I noticed water leakage as drops below the sink. Assuming it was due to my manual installation, I tried to uninstall and re-install it with extra security (tapes, etc.). It didn't help and over the next days it was leaking on and off. One day I got fed up and left the hose half-installed (without fastening a nut). I shut down the water and called the Hausmeister saying we had a problem and needed a plumber. One day later when I wasn't home he went and checked the connection and told me there's no leakage and all is fine. Now feeling assured, I kept using the half-installed connection for a few days and... the nightmare finally came true!   So, it has been my negligence. But also a manually installed extension is involved. So... What do you think?    
  5. We have been living with my wife for 3 years in Germany. Three months ago our child was born. Now, my wife and my daughter are insured as dependent members with public insurance (my wife was not working before having a child).    Given a good job opportunity, I will leave the country to go somewhere else to work, but we decided for my wife to stay with the kid in Germany, with relatives, for a few months (so that I can find a house and settle, before they join me).    I am wondering what happens with insurance for the kid and my wife. We received a letter a couple of weeks ago mentioning that the kid will be insured, but I am not sure what happens with my wife. Does anyone have any clue?
  6. Hi everyone, I have been working in Germany for 5 years and have a Niederlassungserlaubnis.  I am going to take up a full-time job in Austria for a limited number of years, but want to keep my German address and commute a little. This should allow me to keep my German Niederlassungserlaubnis.   My questions are: 1. Health insurance: I am currently privately insured in Germany. After I change my job, do I have to continue paying for my private insurance in Germany? Given that my full-time job in Austria will cover health insurance already. What is the most cost effective way? 2. Pensions: What happens to the pension contributions that I have paid while working in Germany? 3. Second employment: I am trying to arrange a second employment contract with my current employer in Germany, in addition to my full-time job in Austria. As far as I understand, this is fine under Austrian law as long as the second employment does not exceed 8 hours a week. In this case, will my German employment contract still cover half of my German health insurance and other social insurance premium? What else should I pay attention to about having a cross-border second employment contract?   Many thanks! 
  7. My husband works as a freelance illustrator / artist and last year for the first time in his career had a client request Public Indemnity and Liability insurance.  They covered the expense of this so via a broker agreed a policy with Hiscox running 18.09.18 - 17.09.19 We were, perhaps naively, under the impression that this policy was only for a year, as we had explained to the broker that it was a single project and not something he ever normally needs. Fast forward 10.5 months and we've just received a letter in the post congratulating him on his decision to renew and asking for information on changes to his business. Since this project in late 2018, my husband has unfortunately not had any commissions and has made zero money from his illustration, so is now looking for a full-time job. With that in mind we now have even more so no use for the coverage AND we cannot afford to pay 825€ for it.   I've scoured the AGBs and cant see any information about a Kündigungsfrist and have emailed Hiscox and our broker to explain the situation, but am terrified we will be forced to pay this amount.   Questions: Can we still cancel? What are our options if his business is making no turnover, but we haven't changed anything at the Finanzamt yet?   We don't have a SEPA-Lastschrift setup - what happens if we simply refuse to pay the new invoice? Will his coverage be automatically cancelled or are we going to be sued by Hiscox / face even more fines / even worse, be blacklisted for bad credit?   Any help anyone can give would be incredible - I'm devastated and paying this invoice will be a huge financial hit on an already terrible year...   Thanks so much!     
  8. Hi Everyone,   I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find a definitive answer on a question about home insurance. Here's the situation:   I own an apartment in a newly built building in Berlin. There are 22 units in this building, and we own the common areas in common. The building association has insurance for the common areas.   For my individual apartment, I want to insure all contents against damage, theft, fire, etc. And I want to insure my interior walls, doors, appliances, bathroom, kitchen, etc. against fire, water damage, damage by others, etc.   So my question: Do I need Hausratversicherung or Wohngebäudeversicherung? When I read about Wohngebäudeversicherung, it usually seems to be directed at people who own the entire building (like a house), or perhaps part of a duplex. But, there it's not clearly stated that it applies to apartment owners.   For example, I was advised to use Axa, so I went to their online Wohngebäudeversicherung calculator, but the wizard only gave two options for building type: Einfamilienhaus or Zweifamilienhaus. So, it seems apparent that this does not apply to apartment owners.   But, Hausratversicherung appears to only apply to contents (i.e., moveable items), so that does not seem to be enough.   Can someone clear this up for me?   Thanks!
  9. Is KSK worth it for me?

    Hi,   As I'm approaching my one-year Berlinniversary, my situation keeps rapidly changing. That's great, but I'm also constantly filled with new questions.   My question now is about KSK, whether it's worth it for me or not and what are the pros and cons. I already know a lot about the application process, so I'm looking for a bit of advice more than information about that.   So, here's my situation: - EU Citizen, no previous record of being in the public system in the EU, so I'm currently using a private insurance with a €1000/mo deductible (which is insane) - Under 30 - Have a BFA degree in Theater/Creative Writing - Full-time freelancer and Kleinunternehmer (if things keep going this well next year, however, I may not be a Kleinuternehmer anymore) - Most of my current jobs are somewhat related to my field, except for modeling. I'm a coach/mentor for artists and students and I also write (but that may fall more into the 'marketing' area, as the material is usually posted online) - Once in a while I earn money as a performer, but most of my gigs are unpaid, or paid very little. But I have a lot of documentation from that, which can help with my KSK app. - May want to pursue a Master's degree in the near future, but not sure - Not planning on having kids at least for the next decade   So, my big questions are: 1. Can I join the KSK with my current professions? Are they 'artistic' enough? 2. Is it worth it? From what I looked up, I'd be paying around €60 more than I would if I stuck with private insurance. I know that price will go up as I get older and that €1000 deductible is not nice at all (I can't REALLY use my insurance huh), but I don't really feel super settled in Berlin yet. It would be nice to pay into a pension scheme, because I do worry about what to do when I'm older, but what if I move in the next 1-2 years? On the other hand, I would like to go to the doctor and not have to pay out of pocket.   I appreciate any insights on this!   Thanks in advance.
  10. Hi,   In a bit of a pickle. Last year I switched from GKV to PKV, filled out the ton of forms and assumed everything was ok. Went to claim for one of my visits and the insurer requested a full medical history from my doctors. I obliged and two weeks later my consultant received a letter stating my PKV was cancelled due to not declaring a chronic illness on the form. (Fine, I made a mistake  - didn't realise what I was treated for was considered chronic)    So now, trying to get new insurance. No insurer will apparently take me until I get a letter from two doctors stating my illness is not chronic. I have tried to contact the doctors multiple times but still no letter. My consultant has warned me that if I do not get these by the end of the month then I will be charged a lot of money.    Can anyone tell me what will be the outcome? I know I cannot get back onto GKV (Although that would be ideal)  If nobody will insure me, who is charging this money? Why am I not being offered the basis tariff? Am I being mislead by the consultant?   Thank you!! 
  11. I bought a house in February this year. Provinzial, the insurance company of the previous owner, contacted me by letter shortly after I moved in, to which we replied saying we would not be taking over whatever policy was on the house. Unfortunately this was not sent by registered email and Provinzial says they have no record of it.   Upon moving in, we signed up for a new policy with another insurance company and life went on.   Until a month ago when Provinzial called us (not sure how they got our phone number) to tell us that we owe them money. They claim they never received our letter and that they have been sending us multiple letters since (upon further enquiry during a face to face meeting, they admitted they sent these letters to the previous owner and not to us).   Apparently since then, and without letting me know, they have renewed a policy for another year. They also cannot tell me what exactly they renewed because the previous owner had a full insurance package (house, car, life, etc.) so that is not directly applicable to me.   Has anyone had this kind of experience when buying a property in Germany? And what my rights might be in this situation? I unfortunately don’t have a legal insurance and while I understand it may not be worth fighting for a relatively small sum, I don't like their their lies (claiming they sent me multiple letters after the first one but later admitting they sent them to the previous owner). 
  12. Hello everyone, I just would like to clarify; We are 5 family members, insured by TK, and I'm working as a full time employee. My wife started to work as an online freelancer and expected to earn 500-600 EUR per month (net 200EUR). By consulting the insurance regarding any changes to our family insurance, they stated that: - Since she is earning 450-1000EUR/month (regardless to the net income - but what comes to her bank account) she has to pay something around 190+ EUR per month. My questions are: - Is this a typical procedure? - Are these fees/contributions differ from insurance provider to another? - Is it feasible for her if this is her max income? I mean, can she return anything when she do her tax declaration? Another question if anyone can help (Don't know if it is related to this category): - How much approximate percentage she is expecting to pay in taxes on this low income? Many thanks in advance.
  13. Unemployment and health insurance

    Hello,   I have a TVL-14 contract (and residence permit + blue card eligibility zusatzblatt) valid until July 31, 2019.  I am single and am not yet 50 (or is it 55) years old.   As per the informal agreement with my employer prior to the creation of this contract, I am leaving the job on April 30, 2019 and will switch to a (tax-free) fellowship as a visiting scientist at the Max Planck for 3 months. I will sign a winding-up contract with my current employer for this. As of now, I plan to leave Germany at the end of July, but this is not 100 % certain.   1) If I leave the job, am I technically unemployed ? Can I register at the unemployment bureau ? Of course, I will inform them that I am taking up the fellowship at the Max Planck..    2) One main thing I will lose is my private Debeka health insurance, since it will become too expensive for me to maintain on my own (without an employer's contribution). TKK refused me before (long story involving 9 months on a salary and TKK when I arrived, followed by a fellowship and cheap private health insurance, and then a salary again and Debeka because TKK refused). But TKK did say that if I lost my job, I could switch to TKK. So question 1 is related to this...    3) If I cannot go back to TKK, I have to find a cheaper private insurance. Any suggestions ? I guess there is always Mawista, but I would like to have the option of TKK if possible.   Thanks !      
  14. Does anyone here have any recent experience with Hallesche—in particular, any experience getting hold of customer service?   A year or two ago we signed up online for their dental insurance (Zahnzusatzversicherung) on the strength of recommendations here and on other websites.  Apart from sending in reimbursement forms for teeth cleaning, we've never had any reason to contact them until now.  Basically, we're moving abroad and so need to discuss the possibility of keeping our policies, which we would generally prefer to do so that we can keep the coverage level we've accumulated.  (According to the fine print it is possible to keep the policies after moving abroad, but only at a different tariff, so we need to know what this tariff is, and to cancel the policies in case it is too high.)   The problem is that Hallesche aren't responding to our queries.  They never answer the phone and haven't responded to two queries using their online contact form we've sent in the past month.  I guess the next step is a registered letter.   I did some Googling and turned up a review site where people are posting similar complaints.  Almost all of the recent reviews say that, while the company had been very good in the past, recently they have become almost completely uncommunicative, even to letters sent Einschreiben/Rückschein.  Even requests for reimbursement or certificates of coverage are taking months to process.   Does anyone here know what's up with Hallesche, or have any recent success in getting them to respond to queries?