Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'gewerbe'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author







Year of birth

Found 4 results

  1. Since I have questions (and there will be more) on this topic, I thought it would make sense to start a single topic which would revolve around general idea of performing IT and similar activities under a Gewerbe, with additional answers to questions applicable to any other type of Gewerbe.   So here are a couple of questions to start with:   -- In a form to be submitted to the Finanzamt (after the initial Gewerberegistrierung), there is a field: 2.4 Handelsregistereintragung which is about (as I understood it) the submission to the Chamber of Commerce.   The question: Do all Gewerbe have to register with Chamber of Commerce? What are the regulations?     -- My colleague told me one does not need to open any special bank accounts for a Gewerbe, a private account is enough and can be freely used. Btw, he works as a IT freelancer, maybe that is how he got this impression.   The question: Is this true? As a matter of fact, I have visited my bank (Sparda Bank) this morning and: a) They told me the person running a Gewerbe would need a Geschäftliches Bankkonto, b-) They don't provide these types of accounts (only private)     Subquestion: If one MUST open a Geschäftliches Bankkonto, which bank do you recommend? Is this online bank (N26) good for this purpose (a credit card would also be needed, for eg. overseas Internet payments)?    
  2. Hi,    I would greatly appreciate some information regarding my tax situation for year 2018. Over the course of the year i had 3 different sources of income:   Freelance cleaning Gewerbe from January to November 2 months employment in November and December Freelance massage Gewerbe from September to the end of the year (still current)   I am familiar with Elster and used it to file my taxes last year (2017). I would appreciate if some one could tell me which forms i would need to fill in for my situation. Will i need to separate Gewerbe tax forms? And a separate one for my earnings from employment? Thanks in advance.     Kind regards,     Fred    
  3. Freiberufler, Gewerbe or what?

    Hi there,   I think I made a mess out of my situation because I've been repeatedly misinformed about what exactly I need to/can do. I've been living here for 7 months and I need help making sure I'm doing everything right.   - I am a performer/writer with a Bachelor's degree in my area. - I am a coach for Brazilian students applying to art schools. I do this through Skype and am paid in R$ (it isn't possible to be paid in EUR). The amounts are usually very little (under €350) and I use that money to pay for my rent directly through TransferWise (doesn't go through my German bank account) - I'm registered at the Finanzamt as "Darstellende Künstlerin" (Freiberufler) - which I'm assuming can include the activity above, as well as any other modeling work that I've done?   Now the mess:   I just started working as a PubCrawl leader for a very small company and they want me to send Rechnungen to get paid. However, I read online that "tour guides" need a Gewerbeschein. I'm not autonomous in this position, and my boss for this job told me I don't need a Gewerbeschein. Can someone please clarify this for me?   I signed a contract to do a minijob that is somewhat-related to my field (wardrobe crew), but it is still a regular minijob contract. Is this allowed?   Is there a monthly amount that I can receive as a "gift" and not have to declare it?   When my Mitbewohner sends me his share of the rent, do I need to give him a Rechnung?   And lastly,   I am hoping to join the KSK in the near future. Will this coaching job I mentioned above or even the minijob count towards artistic activity?     Thank you so much for your help! As you can see I'm really struggling and because of my super low income I can't really afford a Steuerberater right now.  
  4. Gewerbeschein

    Hi, i have searched endlessly for an answer to this question, but to no avail.   Can someone tell me whether it is possible to work self-employed in two different fields, with the respective two different Gewerbescheins?   Or do Finanzamt and Ordungsamt get funny about that?   I am currently working self-employed as a massage therapist (for which i have my Gewerbeschein), however i would now like to top up my income with more side-line self-employed work as a cleaner. I realize i need a Gewerbeschein for this. Is it a matter of just applying for another at the Ordungsamt and filling in a new Steuererfassung?   Alternatively, could i just have both services put under one Gewerbeschein?     Thanks for any info and advice.