Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'finance'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author







Year of birth

Found 12 results

  1. Hi,   I am in desperate financial circumstance and could do with any advice.   I have been in Germany for over 4 years and currently possess a niederlassungs Erlaubnis. Since the last 7 months I have been employed with one of the big 4 Consulting companies on a decent payscale. however, I am in parallel doing an expensive (Part Time) educational course in Germany. I was supposed to pay the last installment of my fee about 9000 Euros in March. I was planning to do this through a private Kredit from a bank. However, in february, there was a negative entry in my schufa due to non payment of rundfunkbeitrag. This has brought down my Schufa Score from 93% to 44%. Because of which I am not being a loan by the Banks.   I am two months away from Graduation, but I Need to pay the last installment of the fee at the earliest. I have already Maxda - I lost 500 Euros.  Tried SMAVA - they said they can only help if my Schufa is atleast 75%.   Do I have any other Options.   HindSight - I know is 20-20
  2. OK, I searched for a bit, but couldn't find anything recent with my situation. Apologies if a double post...   I am an American, working in Landshut for a German Company as a full time, regular employee, w/ an unlimited contract. I have a Blue Card in process.   A former business partner of mine has asked me to be a (small) shareholder in an LLC he is forming in the US. This is a business that will only be working in the Pacific Northwest, no work in Germany.    I have a few questions - it seems the most recent tax implications for a US LLC are... unclear? If the US LLC income is well below the DTT threshold, how does it get recorded in Germany? What are the tax implications? Is it a bigger headache than it is worth?   My total salary here in Germany falls below the double taxation treaty, and I imagine any income derived from the LLC will still keep me below that threshold.   Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!  
  3. Hi All,   Could someone here please guide me with the following terms in english? and what does it exactly means in the german financial market context?   " Ausgabeaufschlag " "Fondsg." "Verwaltungsvergutung" "Fondsgesellschaft" "Abgeltungsteuer"
  4. Hello dear community,   it looks like that soon I will be for the first time owner of a small flat in France \o/   My question is: if I decide to rent it (the monthly amount will entirely be used to pay back loan taken from a French bank), do I need to declare the rent money (which would prob end up to my French bank account) here in Germany? If so: how and when? I'm wondering if this revenue should be declared then taxed in France or Germany basically.   A bit more context: I have a full time job here in Germany and 0 other income in France.   I guess the topic is quite complex so maybe it is easier to go and seek advice from a Finanzamt? Maybe someone here has a good experience with a specific one in Berlin with English speakers? Any suggestions welcome.   Vielen Danke.    
  5. Hello everyone..Am from a Non-EU country who came with a student visa and currently pregnant with a German man.We broke up before I realized I was pregnant so he then lives with his new girlfriend now whiles I still study and live in a student Wohnheim..I have got more than a year for my Aufenthaltserlaubnis to expire..Now back to my problem  Having the baby in the state where I study is not where I really want to be anymore because I don’t want my baby to come in between them at that youngest age..He has agreed to let me go to where I got my family members so they can help me out.  Secondly i got a mini job doing which I don’t know what happens when I deliver the baby in another state.. Am I qualified for any benefits and also what happens to my Aufenthaltserlaubnis after I have the baby because am still on Paragraph 16 which means I don’t qualify for any benefits..My baby father is been supportive but he doesn’t know much of all these because he’s a 1st time father  please help me because am confused..Sorry for the long message 
  6. Hi,   I am aware that there are many online service to help with tax declaration, however, most of them does not include service for freelance with foreign income (need to fill in Anlage AUS) I have tried to have a go with Elster software but I didn't really understand it and Toytown guidline seems to be a little bit different from the new form they provided.   Does anyone know any online service, software or tutorial that may help me filling in these four forms? - Einkommensteuererklaerung (Est 1A) - Anlage S - Anlage AUS - Anlage EUR   Thank you so so so much for whoever helping to pull me out of hell. In case there isn't any of such a service, I would appreciate any recommendation for finding someone to do tax filing once a year. Thank you!   Best, NRN    
  7. Taxes liability while working from UK

    Hi,   Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I wanted to understand about tax implications when resident in UK but remotely employed for German company(and paid salary in Germany). I am exploring idea of working from UK for a German employer. My questions were:- 1. Will my entire tax be deducted in UK only and can I avail NHS benefits? 2. Will there be any liability for Krankenkasse/Pension/Unemployment insurance payments in Germany? 3. Do employer still need to pay their part for krankenkasse? Any other thing worth to mention..   I am not worried about visa implications as I am German national.    Thanks for the insights.
  8. I work as Software Developer. I want to buy a new laptop for work. My question is, if I buy a laptop of cost 1500 Euros then how much I will get back in tax return ? Second, if I buy laptop from foreign country e.g. USA, still I would be able to apply in tax return ? Third, Do I have to get in writing from my employer that they do not provide laptop and I need it purely for work ? These are related questions but do not address my query. and  
  9. Mortgages 10 years / 15 years / 20 years

    I am not sure whether this topic has already been answered. I would like to understand what would be the best option while considering the duration of finance while buying a new apartment. I understand that the financing duration could be 10 years, 15 years, 20 years or even 30 years.    The higher the duration the higher the interest rate and thus higher monthly installment.  What I have observed from  immobilienscout24/interhyp  that there could be easily 0.4% increase from 10 to 15 years.     For example, for a loan of 600K the monthly installment could be 240 Euros higher when the term changes from 10 years to 15 years. I hope I am correct here    15/20 years fixed rate gives security on interest rate compared to 10 years. But does it really worth it?  If I can afford the higher monthly installment should I go for the higher term or consider 10 years fixed rate with special payments (saving from that lower interest rate)?  
  10. Dear members, I have invested some INR in NRI Fixed Account in India. As per the Indian tax system, the interest earned on NRI FD is tax-free.  But do I have to report the interest earned for the FD here in Germany. Does it fall under the  in the "Einkünfte aus Kapitalvermögen "   I know that the dividend and profits from the shares in India falls under the Anlage KAP. But couldn't confirm about the NRI FD interest as it is tax-free income in India whereas  the profit from shares are taxable.   Thanks, Cherian
  11. I have been trying to find an answer to my situation in the forums but I have not found one that best suits my situation so far. My question is related to health insurance. I am a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher employed by a German company. The EU H2020 project grant gives the company EUR4100 to pay me. My income tax, SV, KV, RV, PV all come out as employee contributions. But my employer contributions also come out of my gross. This leaves me with a netto of just over EUR2000. I am currently with AOK, I just turned 30 on 1FEB2019 and my contribution to AOK is currently €262, but double amount comes out of my gross so essentially I am paying €524 per month to be insured. In my job contract it stated the employer contributions may also come out from my gross, subject to national laws. It is very expensive for me to be paying so much for health insurance and I don't think I will be staying here after 3 years. I have a 3 year job contract for my PhD. I already secured a residence permit based on this insurance, I was thinking of applying for a Blue Card as well. Although I am 70% sure I will not want to stay in Germany after 3 years. I live alone, my husband will not be joining me in Germany so I do not need family cover. No kids either. I am currently with AOK and thinking maybe Mawista Science is a better option in my case? It would only cost me EUR60 or so for the first year and a bit higher for subsequent years. I will be leaving Germany for 11 months for a secondment in UK, is it possible to talk to my health insurance provider to not charge me for those months? I already have NHS health cover for my stay in Germany. It would be most kind of you all to help me out with any advice, thank you in advance!
  12. Hi there, I've tried my best to find some answers within the forum, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.   I'm a kleinunternehmer and in 2016 made well under the 17,500 cap. I have not charged VAT on my invoices accordingly.   However, when I mailed in my information and a profit loss statement, I received a letter back from my Finanzamt saying that my return was missing some information and that I also need to fill out a Umsatzsteuererklarung and Anlage EUR. I went to the Finanzamt to ask about this (since I could not find EUR on ELSTER), and the woman said yeah you need to fill these out and gave me paper copies and told me to mail them back.   But from everything indicated in this forum, the Umsatzsteuererklarung and Anlage EUR are only necessary if you have made over 17,500 and charge VAT. I'm trying to fill these out, but I'm now afraid that there is some misunderstanding - all of the instructions on the ELSTER wiki, for instance, provide instructions for people who have made over 17,500.    Any advice or help is super appreciated.