Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'double household'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author







Year of birth

Found 2 results

  1. Hello everyone, I would really appreciate some help to understand if me and my husband are eligible for double household in Germany. Please bear with me while I unfold my love story 2016: Me and my then-boyfriend met in our country (non-EU) and after a while he started a job as an engineer in Munich.  We did back and forth for a year.  2017: After one year, I started a job as an engineer in Poland. He continued to work and live in Munich and traveled every weekend to Poland so we could meet (we have proof of that from the auto rental payments)  2018: I started a job in Baden Württemberg. He continued to keep his house in Munich, as his job is there, but was spending 3 days a week at my house - weekend +one day home office. 2019 - we got married. He is still living in Munich and I in Baden Württemberg, due to work. He continues to come in Baden 3-4 days per week.    My husband was always registered in Munich, and I was registered in Baden. He never registered in Baden. The whole time we have paid double for everything: rent (regular, unlimited rental contracts) additional expenses, travel etc. First, I would like to know if we are eligible for double household (Doppelte Haushaltsführung) - if yes, does it count only after marriage or previous years count as well?  I understand this might be a complicated matter and should be addressed to a professional, but I would like to have an idea if this is possible at all.    Thank you for reading through to the end!     
  2. Hey Guys, I am from Australia and planning to file my first income tax returns in Germany for year 2019. I read that I can claim tax returns for double household for my house in Australia. My girlfriend still used to live in Australia and she just moved to Germany this year with me. I have flown back and forth Australia 2 times last year and ticket cost was around 800€ per trip. Can I claim this back while filling my tax return ? Also can the rent that I used to pay in Australia for my second home be claimed back ? And if so how do I submit the proof ? Is my rental agreement enough ? And also do I need anything other than flight tickets to as proof for the flight ?   Thanks in advance