Well, I´m married to one for a start.
Of course, she was incredibly hesitant about getting the vaccine at first but she decided the fact that if she did catch Corona there was a very good chance it would be the end of her as it attacks the lungs and they´re what cancer fucked up on her the most. She decided the risks of catching the disease far outweighed the risks of the vaccine, and after going through chemo etc she puts trust in health care professionals, and now she has had 3 vaccinations.
I´ll do it in list form for you...
1. I´ve stated many times I´m against impfflicht.
2. I have no problem if someone doesn´t want to get vaccinated there are many who have genuine concerns about it.
3. 3G is the way to go unless the impfung guarantees protection.At the end of the day we all have to live together and we need a compromise and 3G is that.
4. If someone does not want to be vaccinated that is a personal choice, however, I do have a problem when those same people try to convince others not to get the vaccine, often using scare tactics and talking complete bollocks.
5. I´ve not called anyone in this thread a terrorist and in fact stated the habit of calling them plague rats is bang out of order.To me Yorkeau is no different from Jonny just that he´s on the "other side".The rhetoric of both of them leads down dark paths and no I´m not trying to Godwin the thread.The only time I would find calling an anti-vaxxer a terrorist is if they had corona and decided to go out and mingle with people even then it´s a very harsh word that evokes very strong emotions in people.
6. If you´ve read the exchange I´ve had with Eric7 over the past couple of pages you´ll see that it is possible to have a civilised discussion with an anti-vaxxer as long as both sides are civilised people.
7. I`ve called some of them fucking stupid because some of them are.
8. I wouldn´t tell your hypothetical woman to risk catching corona because in the past people relied on natural immunity and not pharmaceuticals which is basically what Jonny is now espousing, I also wouldn´t tell her to go out and mingle and continue being terrified.
This pandemic has shown glaringly how divided we as a people are. This is not about protecting you or I or even 90% of the people in this world it is about protecting the other 10%. That some people are willing to let others die or suffer just so they can keep their supposed freedoms absolutely flabbergasts me.
That people are willing to maybe transfer a disease to others because it´s such a fucking hardship to stick a mask on or have a test is unbelievable.
That anyone can think that at-risk people should spend the rest of their lives isolated just so the others can keep their freedoms because it´s too inconvenient to wear a mask is also unbelievable.
We keep hearing of their freedoms being taken away, please someone explain what freedoms have been taken away.How is having to wear a mask or take a test taking away your freedom.
Wearing a mask or taking a test is not robbing someone of their freedoms it´s asking them to commit an act of basic human decency.Sadly that appears to be too much for some people.
Is there anywhere I can nominate you as UN ambassador to Toytown?