• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,079 Awesome


About dj_jay_smith

Contact Methods

  • Website http://

Profile Information

  • Location Wiesbaden
  • Nationality British
  • Hometown UK
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth 1975

Recent Profile Visitors

6,255 profile views
  1. BTW:  There are specific German exams for health care professionals.  Such as this one;     I assume you can also get course which specialise on this.  Although I have not looked and assume they would cost more.  
  2.   If you are German resident, then you are taxed on your worldwide income.  
  3.   Ah, selective application of the law!   Then they would have to change their law, or as you said she would have to sue to enforce it.   Jus sanguinis Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespectively of the place or legitimacy of the birth.[2] Therefore, any person born to a Bangladeshi woman [even] illegitimately outside Bangladeshi soil would still be a Bangladeshi citizen, whereas a person born to two non-nationals in Bangladesh would not.  
  4. Brexit: The fallout

      I would say that the right person could pass the test without knowing much or any German!   300 questions is actually not as bad as you think and well within the scope of human capability.  When I was studying for the exam I used a phone app and website to practice.  Which I done several times a day. If you do this enough then after a while you do get to recognise the questions and you know the answers!  Also, the correct answers appear in the same place every time (for the same question).  So even if you don't recall the correct phrase, then you could remember the correct position for that question!   At the end, I wasn't even reading the questions fully anymore.  Just scanning them, as I knew them.  Although, I have probably forgotten them since. Of course in the real exam, I took my time and read every one fully.  Picked my answer, and then read it again just to make sure!  I got 100%, so I done ok!
  5.     As I said before, under Bangladeshi citizenship law she already has Bangladeshi citizenship because at least one of her parents was Bangladeshi.  So she does not have to apply for anything, she had it since birth through her parents.  She probably however does not have a Bangladeshi passport.   So the UK could renounce her UK citizenship because she is a dual national.  And then in theory the Bangladeshi authorities could renounce her Bangladeshi citizenship, because they don't care about making her stateless.  But if the Bangladeshi authorities did this first, then the UK can't renounce her UK citizenship because the UK signed up to the UN(?) agreement about not making people stateless.  
  6.   Don't worry, I won't tell anyone! @World @AngelaMerkel @Henning Schacht   @Bundestag @Bild #Traitor  
  7.   Wow!  Must be.  Must also be an example of prioritising Brits.   My local Beamter told me that the quickest case he had took 6 weeks.  And I was happy with my 3 months 10 days!   Don't forget that you are not German until you actually pick up your certificate!      
  8. Brexit / Applying for German citizenship

    I didn't get the option!   My town is too small for such things (I don't live in Wiesbaden, but close by).
  9.   I had a look:   If the child had a Dutch father and non-dutch mother than the child has to be acknowledged to the Dutch authorities before birth.  There is also a process for doing this afterwards, but it of course takes longer.  I assume that they would also accept DNA evidence in the event of death, but that of course might be difficult to do and is not stated!     But it seems that you can only get Dutch nationality via marriage if you have been married for at least 3 years and been resident in the Netherlands ( Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten )  for at least 15 years uninterrupted!        
  10.   The UK/British Empire can screwed up the middle east so much in the past and their actions have lead to so many wars in the region, that another screw up in this area is minor!!  
  11.     Sorry, I don't know explicitly.  But I have seen/heard adverts for them.  Some are aimed at older people who are more likely to have problems.
  12.     Not strictly true, it depends on the condition, policy, and circumstances.   There are even some companies which specialise in such policies.  Of course you can expect to pay more.  Or it could be that certain treatments might not be covered, so he would have to cover the cost himself. I don't know how much the medication costs, he says they are expensive, but then it might still be possible to pay for this himself and he just has to factor this into the cost.   Certainly any insurance company will not (willingly) accept to pay 1000s in treatment for a policy that cost a few hundred.  It does not make sense!  And that might be the issue in the end.    
  13.   Yes, but if the OP is already here on a working holiday visa then the employer does not need to do this.   This visa is designed to allow you to travel around Germany and do casual low skilled work to earn your keep while you are here.  
  14.     If you have a condition that means you can't work, then you would not be issued with a working holiday visa in the first place!   To get the working holiday visa you must prove that you have travel health insurance.  Which means that if you can't find a job, then you are still covered by your travel health insurance.   This visa is only valid for 1 year.  I don't know if it could be extended, more likely is that the OP would have to apply for a different visa afterwards.  As they said a learning visa, or a normal job visa or they could get married and apply for a spouse visa.        
  15. Twat of the day

    A company this time: