• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

-2 Neutral

About americaninberlin

Profile Information

  • Location Berlin
  • Nationality USA
  • Gender Female
  1. How to contribute to Roth IRA from Germany

    Hi,   I am looking for a tax advisor for Americans who live in Germany. Or if you have ideas for my questions below, please help!   In 2009, I only worked in Germany, so I have no earned income in the US. Nonetheless, I would like to convert my traditional IRA to a Roth, if possible, as well as contribute to a Roth IRA.   I think this might be possible if I declare that, say, $5000 of my income was "earned" while I was vacationing in the US, so that I can contribute to a Roth IRA.   If anyone has done this, please share your experience!   If anyone knows a tax advisor who can help with this, let me know! I am fairly competent with TurboTax and have always done my own taxes in both the US and in Germany, so I am just looking for advice, not necessarily for someone to do my taxes.   Also, about how much would it be to ask someone this kind of question?   Thanks everyone for your help!