It's been ten years since I last came here. But made such an amazing friend while doing so. Ok guys, I'll cut straight to the chase. It's going to be quite a read, but please be patient with me. My name is Daniel and I have a daughter and a partner who live in Germany [Saxony]. After a long hiatus in our relationship and reconciling, we have decided it would be better for us to be a family fully (meaning I relocate from Scotland to Germany). My situation however is very special. I am registered disabled in the UK and unable to work (Mental and physical issues). Also as Brexit looms, I have no idea what will lay ahead for me. My partner has generously offered to financially accommodate us so I can stay at home and recover.
I have taken the liberty of drawing up a 'to do' list, so to speak. Now, to my understanding, I would be eligible for a 'Temporary Residence Permit' as I am a father to a German national. But, could someone kindly give me advice to perhaps putting my list of what I need to do in the correct order or possibly add suggestions that I will need to do?
THINGS TO DO FIRST
1. Go to police and notify them on where I am staying and that I will be here for longer than three months
2. Go to Town Hall and register my address
3. Open up a bank account
4. Check for VISA? - Do I need one after a certain amount of time? Am I eligible?
5. Residence Permit - Ausländerbehörde
6. Get Health Insurance ?
7. Rent Agreement/Einzugsbestätigung
8. Social Sercurity rights? (Get DWP certificate on how long I've claimed benefits for) (Health certificate)
9. Convert drivers license into german
I will be more than happy to elaborate on anything or give more information.