gaijin

Supporters
  • Content count

    385
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

223 Excellent

About gaijin

  • Birthday 06/08/1970

Contact Methods

  • Website http://

Profile Information

  • Location Am Hart, Munich
  • Nationality German
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth 1970
  • Interests I lived in Tsukuba (~60km NE of Tokyo) for two years and enjoyed the international community very much. Tsukuba consists mostly of research institutes, therefore there are a lot of foreigners around and they are all very internationally minded. Coming back to Germany I felt far more lost and homesick than I had ever felt in Japan, I hope to meet some people here that have a state of mind similar to the other gaijin in Tsukuba ...
  1. How to respond to Mahnbescheid

    250 Euros is not really that much compared to what it might cost you if you mess up your Unterlassungserklärung or if by paying (for what exactly?) you implicitly admit guilt. Either get really knowledgeable yourself or let the lawyer handle it.
  2. How to respond to Mahnbescheid

    Judging from your post, medk, you do not really understand the system, so there is only one thing for you to do: GET A LAWYER! You will probably have to provide a "strafbewehrte Unterlassungserklärung", if you don't, they can (and will) take you to court and it will be very expensive. If you just sign theirs, you admit all sorts of things that you probably do not want to admit and it will be very expensive.
  3. New skier in Munich - Garmisch

    To go skiing from Munich without a car, use on of the companies that go to the Austrian resorts by bus, e.g. https://www.skibusmuenchen.de/en The price (including the lift ticket) is just 5 Euros more than the price of the lift ticket, they must be getting better prices on the lift tickets to actually make a profit. I have used them rather often, extremely comfortable and convenient. Hochzillertal/Hochfügen and Lenggries are really in a different league, and considering that it takes just a long (train->transfer bus) and is more expensive to go to Lenggries...  
  4. real estate

    Hi Sanjay, I do not have specific knowledge about the Freising real estate market, but 7300 Euro/m^2 sounds pretty steep to me. Also, financing 100% is not really usual in Germany. Typically, you finance 80% and you need to come up with the remaining 20% and all the fees and taxes by yourself. If you do not have enough capital to do this, you will have a hard time getting a bank loan.  
  5. What made you laugh today?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLlqIuVhI
  6. Jahrgang

    "Jahrgang" is not as colloquial as "Baujahr" when referring to the year of birth, but it is not really formal either. (As pointed out, it can also refer e.g. to the "Abitursjahrgang". The correct term is "Geburtsjahr". When referring not to the year but the group of people, the formal term is "Kohorte".
  7. What made you laugh today?

    Ad for senior citizens' car insurance on Sueddeutsche.de: