• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

13 Neutral

About melbournite

Profile Information

  • Location Hamburg
  • Nationality Australian
  1. living in Germany, being paid by the UK

    So here is a fine pickle I have got myself into. I have been living and working in Germany for 9 years. As of 1st of Jan I will be paid by a UK employer but will continue to live in Germany. As far as I understand it, I have to get NT status from UK HMRC and somehow get an S1 form out of the National Insurance people. How should I manage things at the German end? Should I contact the Finanzamt and Krankenkasse beforehand? How do I pay German tax, by myself? Will I have to pay at the same rate as previously or do I somehow calculate it from my British salary?   I will be highly appreciative of any advice. HMRC are having trouble with my S1 form, somehow it "something new to them" - though I hardly think that it can be.