• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3,168 Awesome

About rhody

Contact Methods

  • Website http://

Profile Information

  • Location Heidelberg
  • Nationality USA
  • Hometown Narragansett, Rhode Island
  • Gender Male

Recent Profile Visitors

12,301 profile views
  1. I received a huge letter from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung (German Pension) asking for a clarification of my pension account.  I haven't yet attempted to read through this mountain of bureaucratic correspondence but has anyone else received this package in the mail?  One thing that stood out which I don't quite understand is that they provided a list called Versicherungslauf von xx.xx.2015.  It then lists each year ending with DEÜV 01.01.14-31.01.14  xx.xxx EUR Pflichtbeitragzeit.   The xx.xxx amount was less than my total salary for each year. Is there a maximum amount or maximum percentage of salary that is calculated for the pension?     For all of my private pension stuff I have no problem understanding what they write but for some reason the Deutsche Rentenversicherung seems to take an extremely confusing approach to getting and giving information!  Anyone else find this confusing too? What did you do, fill out the questionnaire? Any websites to recommend that explain it more clearly?
  2. I am thinking to finally give in and accept the fact that you can't sail or drive a motorboat here unless you have a license. Despite the fact that I *think* I know how drive a boat seeing as I come from the Ocean State, I've decided if I want to live here I must follow ze rules. Has anyone taken this test? There seems to be two types of licenses SBF Binnen (lakes and rivers) and See/Küstenschein (open seas). Any comments on the differences, advantages/disadvantages? Can it be taken in English? Searches on TT only come up with whether you need a license to canoe or use a rubber raft. I am interested in motorboats although sailing is nice, I prefer the former over the latter.   Thanks Mateys!