• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About SunshineMarty

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Germany
  • Nationality British
  1. Travel to the US and back.

    oops thanks, I thought this was a new test requirement for traveling to the US, but checked a bit more in the thread and it does appear that US citizens etc had to do it before and a Schnelltest is fine. Sorry to waste your time .
  2. Travel to the US and back.

    I'm due to travel to the US next Tuesday. I assume that the local Antigen Schnelltest's specification is compatible for entry into the US. I also assume (always dangerous) that the test is standard throughout Germany.   Anybody know for sure?
  3. If the reason for having to travel is extremely important, then I think you can call up and talk to your local foreigners office, to get permission. This used to be the case. I don't know the checks on time at the border. I would guess that it's  getting more automated though the Schengen Zone. How for example do they know a tourist has been here longer than the 90 in 180 days? Does any one know anyone that has had trouble with this? I would think it's the same for the 6 months in a year for residence. Then is the information passed on to the respective people to act. Personally I won't risk going over the 6 month limit.
  4. Type of test needed (Germany <-> UK)

      Yes many thanks for the checklist, very good indeed!   One question that came to mind was for me why ' 5 days before the flight (no later) book a '2-Day' test in the UK'. Maybe this is for delivery of the test. I intend to book a sampling station test where I think I walk into the chemist, pick up the test, do the test there and give it to them to be collected. I assume the code will be pretty instant on booking the test, so it could be booked just before needing to fill the locator form out.   The other was, is the free Burgertest acceptable as proof of a negative test. I guess it's exactly the same as the paid test except you have to be a DE resident.   Thanks Again  
  5. Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

      Thanks for clarifying
  6. Traveling to UK from Germany - quarantine rules

    I assume day 2 is the day after you arrive (day 1 date of arrival), not the day after that (day 0 date of arrival). You can tell I've done a bit of programming!
  7. Kronberg - Life and Education

    Well done, it's a nice area to live in (Taunus). Kronberg too, especially going up in elevation. Schönberg is a nice residencial area by Kronberg, but these nice areas can come at a price! Best just to tour round and see what you think. Bad Homburg is nice and has more facilities, but if you want to go by S-bahn to work you would need a change of trains which could be a pain. There is a bus too. Check . Really depends on the exact location of your work if either is convenient. Going the other way Königstein and Bad Soden are pleasant. All these places are more sleepy than Frankfurt of course, so if city living suits you rather than green space then you know where to look. I know that there is an international school in Oberursal (decent place too) that I think is predominantly English taught (if that's what you mean). It maybe private though $$. Good Luck    
  8. It's 6 months total and not per calendar year, but one of these ' in retrospect' years, like the Schengen Visa's 90 in 180.
  9. snowing is correct, no problem at all. I registered last year and live in my GF's place with no contract or alike. She may have had to fill in a form for me saying that I live at her address, I can't actually remember, but no contract was required, just trust!
  10. Thanks. I think I'll eventually have to get my German GF to phone up to make absolutely sure I don't fall fowl on any technicality.   In the 'Information for United Kingdom nationals and their family members about the right of residence provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement' leaflet it only states on p29, 'if you reside outside Germany for more than six months (in exceptional cases, for more than 12 months), you lose your right of residence under the Withdrawal Agreement.' I don't have 'Daueraufenthalt', as I'm a relatively new resident, but I guess it still applies and infers a continuous absence.   I'm working my way through the  'Gesetz über den Aufenthalt, die Erwerbstätigkeit und die Integration von Ausländern im Bundesgebiet 1)' or rather the English version 'Act on the Residence, Economic Activity and Integration of Foreigners in the Federal Territory 1) Residence Act' (pdf available).   Sometimes it's a little difficult to understand exactly what applies in my case.          
  11. Did you ever find the answer out for this elsewhere?   I have a very similar question to yours. I'm British and I registered late last year before the end of the transition period, so I have an Aufenthaltstite related to this.  I never really found a number of days mentioned as such, although I did see the concept of a 'habitual residence', which may be more relevant.