• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About brausebrocken

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Munich
  • Nationality American
  1. I have a question regarding my Blue Card (I am from the US) and secondary employment. I’m currently working on a project that will result in a product in my free time after work. Soon, I'd like to form an UG with my project partner. He is also non-EU on a Blue Card. My visa is sponsored by my employer and it does not allow me to take up secondary employment (though my employer doesn’t care). I would prefer not to obtain permanent residency, though I know that I am entitled to an "easy" application for it, as I will return to the US within the next 2 years. So, two questions: 1) My Blue Card has an accompanying document (Zusatzblatt) that states "Selbständige Tätigkeit night gestattet. Nach zweijähriger Dauer dieser Beschäftigung ist die Beschäftigung jeder Art gestattet." - Does this mean that I am already allowed to work secondary forms of employment after 2 years? Would that also be enough for me to begin to form my own business entity or must I obtain permanent residency?  2) If I could form an UG without becoming a permanent resident, could I request permission to do so from the authorities (as in, change the Zusatzblatt document to say that secondary forms of employment are allowed)? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.