• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About kvktm

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location USA
  • Nationality USA
  1. Hi guys, I am a SOFA holder and a naturalized US citizen. My parents are Indian citizens. I wish to bring them over to Germany on a visiting visa(Schengen visa) for 90days. When I checked the Schengen website instructions, it mentions that the sponsor needs to submit a “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) from Rathaus to declare the obligation to finance the cost of the beneficiary's stay in Germany. Since SOFA holders are not allowed to register at the Rathaus, I will not be eligible for this letter.  Has anyone run into this issue where your parents/in-laws were from a country that needed Schengen visa to enter Germany?