• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About EmiBee

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Berlin
  • Nationality USA
  1. Hello,   I am an American citizen living in Berlin under my husband's Blue Card. My husband only makes income in Germany and I do not currently have any income.    Our current tax status in Germany is Class III/V   I have been offered a grant by a UK Charity to do work for them for 6 months for around 7,500 pounds. They are labeling it as a grant to study and offered to pay me to my American bank account (I only have N26 is an EU alternative).   What are the tax implications for this scenario in Germany and in the US? They said they could be flexible about labeling the grant/where the payment goes if it would impact me negatively to do it the way they set it up.   I just don't want to be in a situation where I agree to this grant and then end up paying most of it back in taxes.   Thanks for your help