• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About lukeharper

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Friedrichshain, Berlin
  • Nationality British
  1. Hi all,   I need some advice. I have been freelancing in Germany for over a year now and my Steuerberater has just filed my annual tax return. Unfortunately earlier in the year I forgot to give my Krankenkasse (TK) permission to send an electronic version of my 2018 contributions to Health Insurance to the Finanzamt. As a result my Steuerberater has said that I need to pay a premium of € 5,500 within a month. I have since called TK and they have now sent the 2018 contributions to the Finanzamt, but my Steuerberater has advised that I should still pay the outstanding amount because she has filed an appeal on my behalf. I really cannot afford to pay € 5,500 and do not know where I can get that from. Does anybody have any experience of this situation before, and is there any way I can avoid paying this fee now that the original issue has been rectified. Luke