• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Kalen

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location North America
  • Nationality USA
  1. @RedMidge, they are a Australian Cattledog mix and a Labrador/Boxer mix. @lisa13, thanks again! That's exactly what I was looking for. That will be a great place to start
  2. Thank you all so much for your answers! As @lisa13 said, it sounds like short-term vacation rental is the way we will have to go at first. I hadn't yet heard of a Mieterverein, but that definitely needs to be a top priority. Our dogs are not banned breeds, but so many landlords say they are too big! Thank you very much @someonesdaughter! That is super helpful.
  3. Hey guys!   tl,dr; How would we go about finding an affordable lawyer in Dresden who will simply look over our future rental agreement and make sure we know what we are getting ourselves into? Does anyone have any suggestions?   Details: My husband and I are moving to Dresden for the first time and we are trying to find an apartment. It has already been a headache trying to find a place that will allow our two 60 lb (27 kg) dogs, AND will work with us on our 6-month visas until we can renew, but I want to be prepared for when we do find a place. I have read in many places that it's a good idea for people who aren't fluent in German (us) to hire a lawyer to look over the rental agreement to make sure we aren't getting scammed and to make sure we know what we are getting ourselves into, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I have, of course, found a number of general practice law firms in Dresden, but I feel those would be very expensive. Would that be the best way to go? Ideally I would love to find something like the law section on JustAnswer.com, which I have used for tenancy issues in America a few times. We are considering offering to pay the first 6 months of rent in advance, which might sweeten the deal for landlords wary about our 6-month-visa situation, but in this case we would DEFINITELY want a lawyer to read over everything first.   Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!