• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About junolainen

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Stuttgart
  • Nationality Estonian
  1. Thanks for the answer! To clarify - only my wife would apply the parental benefits for 12 months, not me. I will be - well, just unemployed and apply for nothing  She won't be quitting her job, she can have either 12, 18 or 24 months off, so the total of staying at home and travelling would fit in to that timeframe. The last 6 months then without receiving any parental benefits.  I've actually already contacted the elterngeld.net and am waiting to get an appointment with them. 
  2. Hi, My wife and I are from Estonia and have been living in Germany for the past four years. We have a kid on the way in July.  She would like to give birth in our native Estonia and stay there for 3-4 months. After that we would be travelling in Europe until the kid is 1,5 years old and then we would be returning to Germany.  My question concerns the requirements and paperwork needed to receive the Elterngeld. Sorry if some the questions are repeated, but where I come from everything is done digitally in one system and you just need to submit your IBAN and that’s it.  - we will be having an address in Germany - so that is taken care of. As I understand this is paramount, right? - do we need to do something else before the birth? Register somewhere, present salary slips etc. - do we need to return at some point after the birth with the birth certificate and register the birth with the Elterngeldantrag? Where? Or is it doable online (although I doubt that it is)? - neither of us will be working during that 1,5 years - means no income in Germany - would we still be eligible for the Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung or do we need to pay something to keep it?  - anything else we should be aware of or do? - if anyone has a good contact, where to enquire additional information (can also be paid), please let me know.    Cheers, Markko