• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

11 Neutral

About medk

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Hamburg
  • Nationality Senegal
  • Gender Not Telling
  • Year of birth
  1. I'm on vacation right now and I'll be back to Germany soon. I was wondering if it is allowed to take one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine here at my current location (non-EU) and the second in Germany?
  2.  Yes, I'm more-or-less in a similar situation, except I'm abroad and my options are very limited. I found some email addresses (pretty sure they are not designated for international shipping issues), but I desperately sent my concern there anyway hoping they forward it to so the specialized office.
  3. Before leaving Germany for a long vacation, I sent two parcels. One arrived to the country I'm in, and the other one was sent back.    The problem is that there is no one who can receive it in my flat. So the delivery failed, and  instead was sent to a parcelshop. By the time I told a friend to collect it, and sent him the power of attoreny, the parcel was transported again, and now I see : Die Sendung ist in der Region des Empfängers angekommen und wird im nächsten Schritt zur Zustellbasis transportiert.   I tried to call them on the number that their bot told me to contact. But unfortunately they only speak German on this line, and my basic German skills cannot follow. I told another friend to help me with the call, but they refuse to talk to him due to data privacy laws.   I don't know what to do anymore. All I need to communicate is, please send my parcel to my workplace.    My question is, will they try to send it again after that (because now my friend is alert and ready if it'sdelivered to a parcelshop again)? do they use emails (I couldn't find any on their website, except for advertising)? Can I call dhl UK and tell them to redirect my parcel in Germany?  
  4. I have signed an employment contract where it's possible for me to work on a mobile basis or in the office. It is been a long time since I spent time with my family, back home (in a non-EU country), and I would like to spend the maximum allowed time with them, while keep working with my current German employer, and then come back again to Germany.   I have a blue card and I am applying for a permanent residency. I read on the website that it's possible to stay up to 12 months (6 months for non-BC) outside Germany without affecting your residency, as long as you're not intending/ or show signs, that you are moving out permanently (for example: starting a job or studies ...etc).   I want to make sure I do everything lawfully. I will pay my taxes of course, and my private insurance, and all the other bills. The only thing that does not make a lot of sense to me is paying for rent for almost a year without being here. and I was thinking if I terminate my tenancy without de-registering, and at the same time rent a PO to receive mails, would be an acceptable thing to do? This way I'm still registered and no need to ask a friend to sublet a room for me or something like that. Otherwise, I would appreciate if you can guide me towards more lawful (less costly) alternatives?